PDA

View Full Version : Hope everyone is safe...

hockeymom
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
If you are on the Atlantic coast, I'm wishing you well during this latest hurricane. My thoughts are going out to friends here in North Carolina and beyond. Not sure yet if the hurricane will make it as far north as we are, but it looks like much of the coastline will be in for an interesting weekend. Stay safe, friends! :)

StartingOver
09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Yes, stay safe. Living in Hurricane country I know how stressful the unknown can be.

Wilma
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I worry about my parents. They are both in their late 80's and are in Raleigh. Even though it is far inland, they have gotten hit hard by some hurricanes in the last years. They just aren't physically up to a week long power outage. Hopefully for them and everyone, it will skirt the coast at worst and head north to peter out.

amphibology29
09-04-2010, 02:46 AM
I'm right out near the coast and we didn't even lose power. While I'm glad the storm turned out to be far less eventful then predicted, I can't help but feel frustration at the wasted $20 we spent on dry ice in acticipation of losing power. Ah well, it seems the more prepared you are, the less you end up needing it!

hockeymom
09-04-2010, 06:12 AM
Today it's expected to make landfall near us, but as dramatic as the news is, I doubt we'll get too much action. DS is pretty excited though. We always keep a supply of water jugs on hand since we have a well and our camp stove takes away much worry about losing power.

I'm glad that it wasn't bad, Nani! :)