PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Missouri

raegan
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi, new here--and new to HS'ing. I have a Kindergartener and a tag-along 2yo. I had grand plans of more formal (but still relaxed) 3-R's, but have thus far been thwarted, and we've only unschooled science day after day after day. It's hard right now--his own stated goals are to learn to read and to write better--but I'm sure we'll get there.

I'm plugged in with the secular HS folks here in Kansas City...but I almost feel like if I ask questions/lean toward one approach over another, i'm "picking" one friend over another, and if I abandon one, I'm rejecting the approach of the friend(s) who enlist it. (Does that even make sense?)

Hence, I sought out a larger, somewhat impersonal community so that I might ask questions of you and bounce ideas and neurotic worries off of you all. Don't you feel special? ;)

Shoe
09-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Welcome to the site, Raegan. I"m sure you'll find the answers to your questions here. There are a lot of good and helpful folks in this community.

Cheers.

Sarbare0704
09-02-2010, 08:23 AM
Welcome to the group! I am also starting this year and trying to figure it all out. This group is great for any help you need!

StartingOver
09-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome Raegan ! We are glad you found us. Feel free to ask away, there are a ton of varying voices here. LOL

Topsy
09-05-2010, 10:05 PM
So glad to have you here, raegan! I feel certain that you will find plenty of homeschoolers willing to share an opinion or two with you around here. ;) Hey, let me just encourage you by telling you that you are in a unique circumstance of life when you actually have a CHOICE of secular homeschoolers to even pick or reject from!!! Some of our members would give ANYTHING to have the luxury of rejecting the few secular h-schoolers they've encountered locally!! :)