PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Wyoming

aggie
09-01-2010, 01:50 PM
How did I not find this site before?

I have been homeschooling my 3 children for the past 8 years. They are in 10th, 8th, and 6th grade. We live in Yellowstone National Park. When we moved here 3 years ago, we were the crazy homeschool family. I guess I am growing on people because several of my neighbors have recently started homeschooling.

Anyway, glad I found this forum.

Shoe
09-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Welcome to the site, aggie. I'm sure you'll find a lot of support here, and I look forward to benefiting from your experiences.

Cheers.

Sarbare0704
09-02-2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the group! That sounds amazing to live at Yellowstone! I have never been there but it is surely on my list of places I would love to go!

Topsy
09-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the site, aggie! How exciting to live and homeschool in Yellowstone...I would imagine that natural science opportunities crop up on a daily basis!! Do you have a blog about your homeschool adventure there? I would love to hear more...

chelleah
09-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Hi aggie, my daughter is in Grade 10 this year too. We're in Alberta. Look forward to sharing. #:0)

aggie
09-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Homeschooling in Yellowstone has been an amazing opportunity for us. Not only the obvious science opportunities but also being around some fascinating people who share wonderful stories and insight with the kids (for example the geologist for the park lives across the street from us). My oldest has taken up photography and never lacks for subject matter. On the downside, we are fairly isolated so interaction with other homeschool families can be a challenge.

No, I have never blogged. I always wanted to, just never seem to find the right time or forum. I notice this site has a blog feature so maybe I will give it a try.

Sarbare0704
09-06-2010, 12:56 PM
So my husband is very curious as to how you go about living there LOL

aggie
09-06-2010, 01:57 PM
My husband is the safety manager for the park. Any full time permanent employee has the opportunity to live in employee housing. Some people, like law enforcement and emergency personnel are required to live in the park. My husband's job makes him a required occupant.

Sarbare0704
09-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks! That may just make my husband want to go back and finish his couple credits he needs to have his criminal justice degree LOL!

pandahoneybee
09-06-2010, 05:51 PM
WOW Yellowstone! I am so jealous, we drove thru WY on our way to OR then back thru it again 5 years later to IL. It is a beautiful place! Welcome to the group, this is a GREAT group to be a part of;)