PDA

View Full Version : Vermont here!

Siggi
08-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi! I'm Susan, homeschooling in Burlington, Vermont, with my three kids, R&D (fraternal four year old twin girls) and E (their two year old baby brother) and their dad, who just got his RN and is off looking for work.

We've been homeschooling from the start, but are getting more structured about it this year, out of self-defense; with all three kids at different levels, I'm hoping it will help me get some one-on-one time with each of them.

Looking forward to being part of this community - thanks for being here!

Shoe
08-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the site!

garett
08-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Welcome Susan :)

Sarbare0704
09-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Welcome to the group! great to have you here!

hockeymom
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Welcome Susan! It sounds like you have a lot going on! :) I hope you feel very welcome here!

StartingOver
09-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Welcome Susan, we are glad you found us.

hockeymom
09-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Susan, do you mind if I ask how you like Burlington? My DH is very interested in a job there (we are trying desperately to leave our current community for New England; as American ex-pats it's important to us to return home) and we're wondering what it's like and how livable it is. We are quite outdoorsy and natural-living minded so from the outside it seems like it would be a good fit. But I wonder if it feels very isolated, or if the surrounding area is more populous than I think.

I hope you don't mind answering my questions and I hope they aren't intrusive; you can PM me if you are more comfortable with that.

Thanks so much! :)