PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad we decided to do this!

BPier12
08-30-2010, 05:33 PM
As DS and I were running errands this afternoon, I had three encounters that just reminded me how happy I am that we are homeschooling:

1) Lots of kids at the library wearing their school uniforms. Don't have to deal with that anymore..

2) One poor boy, when asked what he did at school today, said, "All we did was testing, ALL day!". He looked miserable. Don't have to deal with that anymore....

3) Looking at books in the bookstore, I was appalled by how many of the "educational" books were proudly trumpeting the fact that they met state grade standards. None of them were saying, "This book will educate your child about this topic in an interesting and thought-provoking way". Instead they were saying, "Read this book and your child will be able to pass the test". Don't have to deal with that anymore!!!!!

:)

Shoe
08-30-2010, 06:57 PM
So glad you are happy with your decision for good reasons...I'm just happy to have my kids home so that I see them more. Pure selfishness on my part :D .

SunshineKris
09-01-2010, 12:58 AM
We need a "Thumbs Up!" smiley/emoticon! Because that's what came to my mind when I read your post, Beth!