PDA

View Full Version : Howdy From Texas!

CroppinMom
03-11-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm so glad to have this resource to connect with out secular homescoolers! We're currently finishing up our first year of homeschooling our 9 y/o ds and have been loving every minute of it. I'm looking forward to getting to know others in our area... and outside of it!

~Kim~

Jamisina
03-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Ciao! I'm new here too! I guess you must be a scrapbooking person!;-) I'm completely inadequate when it comes to that-no creativity at all!;-)

What do you use for a curriculum for your 9 year old? I'm going back to homeschooling in the fall, but was doing more eccletic homeschooling before. I have an 11 year old who will remain at the base school, 9 year old twins (one MIGHT remain at school), while the other stays home, and a 6 year old. I'm looking for something that will work for us!

Other than Calvert and Time4Learning, I'm having a heck of a time trying to find any curriculum that doesn't include the bible!

CroppinMom
03-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi there Jamisina! I am a scrapbooker - it is one of the things that helps me stay sane these days!

We actually use Sonlight for our main history etc. curriculum. Of course, we secularize it completely but it is very simple to do - we just don't order the bible study and leave out the books that we consider to be too religious based. Other than that - 99% of what we'd avoid are solely in the instructor's guide and that's where it all stays. Sonlight works really well for us because my son absolutely loves to read and because they are mostly novels it is so they travel easy.

Since this was our first year - we didn't start with a science or language arts curriculum. When we do next year, I'm still exploring our options - but some days it sure feels limited. I hear you!

Italy must be beautiful!

CroppinMom
03-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Kenztel,

Welcome to the site! I've found it to be a wonderful resource and it is growing everyday!

Spookygirl
03-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Welcome!! ;)