PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Andrea B
08-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi!

My daughters are age eight and ten and we just started homeschooling. We live in central Illinois where homeschooling is immensely popular. Still, I feel quite lonely because my religious and scientific perspectives are so different from the mainstream of homeschoolers. I have tons of questions already and look forward to getting to know the group.

Andrea

Shoe
08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi!

My daughters are age eight and ten and we just started homeschooling. We live in central Illinois where homeschooling is immensely popular. Still, I feel quite lonely because my religious and scientific perspectives are so different from the mainstream of homeschoolers. I have tons of questions already and look forward to getting to know the group.

Andrea

Welcome to the site Andrea! I'm sure you'll find there are a lot of experienced and friendly people here to answer your questions and provide support. Be sure to check out the "Groups" page and join the IL group there.

Cheers.

kcanders
08-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Andrea! Welcome. I hope you enjoy this group as much as I do. I grew up in Princeville and still have family there and in Henry and Canton. We tend to get up to central Illinois fairly frequently. Now we live in Troy, IL which is a little over 2 hours from Peoria. We just started homeschooling too. We are in our second week. I look forward to getting to know you.

StartingOver
08-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Welcome Andrea ! I am glad you found us. There is a great group here, looking forward to getting to know you.

pandahoneybee
08-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome to the site! I am sure that you will find that you fit in with our group here! We lived in Champaign IL for 1 1/2 years and well there's alot of corn there;) (originally from MO so that wasn't a shock)

Topsy
08-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the site, Andrea! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I hope you will find lots of new friends and some excellent camaraderie around here, because there is plenty to be had. :) Look forward to getting to know you better....

laundrycrisis
08-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Welcome Andrea ! I am also in IL but up in the far NW Chicago burbs.

Are you near Springfield ? Ann Zeise has a secular/inclusive group listed for that area....

Sarbare0704
08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Welcome to the group! I hope you can find the answers to your questions on here I know I always do!

garett
08-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Andrea, welcome :) My daughters are around the same age as yours and we're just starting home-school as well :)

I'm interested in hearing about your religious and scientific perspectives if you're willing to share.