PDA

View Full Version : California Mama Here!

MamaCurls
08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm soooo excited to have stumbled upon this site! What a fabulous resource!

My DD is only three, so we have a while to go before "formal" homeschooling but I'm an information hoarder and love to talk to people about their homeschooling ideas and experiences.

We KNEW we wanted to homeschool before DD was born but I'm only now starting to realize what a wide world of options it is. Luckily, homeschooling in CA should be pretty easy.

Again, I'm glad to have find you guys!:)

Shoe
08-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the site. I wish I had started homeschooling my kids when they were young. There's a few others here with young ones though.

Cheers.

pandahoneybee
08-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Welcome to the site! I am with Shoe, I wish I had thought about starting so young! Sit back and soak the info in;)

Riceball_Mommy
08-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the site :)

AshleysMum
08-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Welcome! I'm a native Californian (Bay Area) but live in TN, relatively new homeschooler. This is an awesome site.

Sarbare0704
08-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the group!

MamaCurls
08-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

I'm not sure that I would have homeschooled if I hadn't been so exposed to it long ago. As a former nannny & preschool teacher, many of my charges were homeschooled by their parents. It could be entirely coincidental but the homeschooled childred always seemed more social, more enlightened and more well-rounded than their formally educated peers. I pretty much cinched the decision for me.

Welcome! I'm a native Californian (Bay Area) but live in TN, relatively new homeschooler. This is an awesome site.

I'm actually in the Bay Area! Lived here my whole life and would have a hard time leaving, if I had to. I just love it here. I'm finding it to be a wonderful locale for homeschooling resources and support. What takes you all the way to TN?

hockeymom
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm also a native Californian. I grew up about an hour north of SF, but after many moves all around the country I'm now living on the east coast of Canada. For sure the bay area is a great climate for homeschooling! :)

Welcome to this very awesome community!

StartingOver
08-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Welcome to the group. I am glad you found us. I also have little ones, we are having a blast.