PDA

View Full Version : homeschool store in Lewisville, TX

Melissa541
08-22-2010, 09:37 PM
I've got a question for you North Texas residents. Have any of y'all ( ;) ) ever been to the homeschool store in Lewisville? How about the one in North Richland Hills? I'm about 45 minutes away from both & don't want to waste my time if they're not so good, but I'm still looking for a few things to finish up our plans for this coming school year.

Experiences?

Teri
08-22-2010, 10:39 PM
I have never been to either. I know some people that do use the Lewisville one, but mostly for selling, but I understand that the store is not buying much right now.
Whatcha lookin' for?

Melissa541
08-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm looking for that balance Meara was playing with at your booth at NTHEN! :)

I need some manipulatives for the littles and anything that will interest Madison, really. I think I'll go out to the Lewisville one today.

schwartzkari
08-23-2010, 07:40 PM
I live in Lewisville :)
I haven't gone into the store, but I have visited their online website. I visited it two years ago and it was more religious items than secular so I didn't find anything that my family could use. I know that they have moved the actual store to a different location in Lewisville. I don't know where it is now. It use to be off of Main Street near Lewisville highschool.

Melissa541
08-23-2010, 08:35 PM
After passing it on the road twice, I finally found it. Lots of Christian stuff, Jesus music playing.

But I did find some stuff at pretty good prices, mostly pre-k/k type activities. Worth the drive.

Teri
08-23-2010, 09:31 PM
I would try US Toys next time Melissa, if you are looking for stuff like the balance. ;)

Melissa541
08-23-2010, 10:02 PM
We went there, too, Teri, but my girl wants THE ONE, as she calls it. Can you lead me in the right direction to order it, if possible? I'm over searching now. :)

InstinctiveMom
08-29-2010, 09:46 PM
I'd have to visit just because! I'd have been disappointed at the Jesus music though. I'd have been drooling over aisles and aisles of homeschooling stuff, lol. I get the same way in office supply stores!
Hope you find THE ONE ;)
~h

Wilma
08-29-2010, 10:44 PM
If it is really worth while, I may be willing to head down from OKC. You guys should come up here to our art supply store (Porch). They have a ton of stuff, warehouse style, with some higher end stuff in a very nice room. They have things I never even knew about. Did you know they make tie dyed duct tape? And Mr, Sketch Markers also come in fine point? A lot of their prices are better than Hobby Lobby with the 40% off.