PDA

View Full Version : Another Minecraft Thread

aspiecat
03-30-2014, 02:51 PM
This might be a repeat of what other members have posted already, but I wanted to ask a question of members who have older kids playing Minecraft.

DS (14) has played MC for about two years now, a bit longer, maybe. He plays on PC and Xbox, and is looking forward to Minecraft Homeschool's Viking Victories class in April to the extent this weekend he's spending on designing Viking longboats on MC. :rolleyes:

I was wondering if there were other HS families here with teens who are into MC, planning to do this particular class, or just into video games. DS certainly enjoys them and likes playing against/with friends online.

Aspie

dbmamaz
03-30-2014, 03:03 PM
did you read the two minecraft posts that are on the same page of the same forum you posted this on?

My 17 yo had a server for a while but isnt that in to it any more. my 10 yo is taking a mod design class, and likes to play on mini-game servers

aspiecat
03-30-2014, 03:43 PM
did you read the two minecraft posts that are on the same page of the same forum you posted this on?

My 17 yo had a server for a while but isnt that in to it any more. my 10 yo is taking a mod design class, and likes to play on mini-game servers

Yes, I read them.

Searcher_2010
03-30-2014, 04:15 PM
My son is 12+ and his love of MC has led him to begin to learn Java (creating mods) and MC has really supported his dream to be a software designer. The creator of MC, Notch, (who I think dropped out of college), is definitely one of my son's heroes - fun job + lots of profit. DS has integrated MC imagery into various classes and projects but has never taken a formal MC class, though they do sound fun.