PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Toledo

kathsoren
08-17-2010, 09:24 AM
Hello from the Toledo Ohio area. We are going into our 5th year of homeschooling (2boys in 5th grade, one girl in 2nd). I'm pretty happy to have found such an amazing and huge group of secular homeschoolers online. I belong to a secular homeschool support group here, but most members are Christian (and often assume everyone else is). It's tough to find secular curriculum options and even harder to find folks who know anything about them (or those who constantly suggest their very conservative Christian texts as though everyone would want them).

This looks like a great group and I'm looking forward to many future discussions as well as looking through the wealth of info already posted. We've already joined the postcard exchange---thanks for this great website!

Kathy

Shoe
08-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the site Kathy. This is a great place to visit. Check out the "Groups" page too-they're also a valuable part of this site.

Cheers.

StartingOver
08-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Welcome Kathy !! I am happy you found us.

Topsy
08-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Glad you found us, Kathy! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself!! I'm confused though...did you say that most of your secular support group are conservative Christians?? That seems so strange...is there not a faith-based support group available?

hockeymom
08-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Welcome Kathy! Ohio seems like such a great place to homeschool! I used to live in Columbus and knew tons of (secular) homeschoolers there. Maybe you can find some like minded support there, even if only for online or occasional support? You are fortunate to have a large community in Toledo, although it does sound like your group comes with some issues. You'll find tons of support here--I hope you like it! :)

There are lots of Buckeyes on this board, too!

wild_destiny
08-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey, Kathy, welcome to the group!! Glad to have you here and look forward to learning more about your homeschooling adventures. :)

InstinctiveMom
08-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Hey Kathy! Nice to meet you :)
Welcome to the site!
Warmly,
~h

pandahoneybee
08-18-2010, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the group! This is a fun bunch of characters on here! Looking forward to knowing ya better!