PDA

View Full Version : Public School to Homeschool to Afterschool!

PetVet
03-11-2014, 04:26 PM
(Wasn't sure if this was a Style or an Issue post. Decided since we're doing a lot of the same stuff, just in a different way, I'd post it in the Styles forum.)

Due to family health issues necessitating frequent day long absences, DS has reenrolled in our local public school! Not sure for how long, but at least until the end of the current school year.

We'll be continuing at home with MBtP for LA & Sci (spine), TT/Zacarro/Armadiilos or AoPS for Math, piano lessons (currently studying for RCM Grade 2), competitive horseback riding and XC running. He'll learn SS (Cdn, so was extra work for me with MBtP), French (YEAH!!!), computers, gym, music, drama, and team sports at school, as well as reviewing whatever they are up to in fourth grade Math, Sci & LA. Plus a lot of chatting with friends I'm sure. ;)

I'm already hating the long days, rushed lunchtimes and lack of outside time, but he's happy to be spending so much time with his friends and is already quite enamoured with his MALE teacher and the classroom Smart Board. :)

hockeymom
03-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Hope everything is going to be okay health wise, PetVet, and that ps continues to go well for your son!

farrarwilliams
03-11-2014, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a tough situation that you have a really good attitude about? Hoping everything works out healthwise (and schoolwise, of course).

WindSong
03-11-2014, 10:18 PM
You sound very positive about the situation, so it sounds like you made the right choice. I hope your health situation resolves and your new routine continues to go well.

PetVet
03-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Thanks for your support! I'll let you know how it goes - hopefully not in the Hater Thread! ;)

justabout
03-12-2014, 10:35 PM
I homeschooled one of my sons last year and he is now back in school and loving it - whilst I am at home with the one who was in school last year and hated it, his turn for homeschooling. You do what works for your family at the time. Glad your son is enjoying time with his friends!