PDA

View Full Version : Today...

JEJordan9
08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Today, when the neighborhood kids got on the school bus, we hopped in our van and headed to the aquarium. We saw so many sea creatures, learned about fish, sharks, crabs, birds, turtles, alligators, and their habitats. We saw mangrove trees and talked about how fish hide in them. We even got to touch sting rays and starfish. After we ate lunch, we went out and played in the water play area outside (P.E. class :D ) On our way home, we stopped by the grocery store and I had the kids take turns putting food on the scale to weight produce (math) Right now, the girls are hanging out in the playroom for some playtime.

I am pretty proud of myself today :cool:

MamaB2C
08-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Wow, indeed a day to commemorate! Sounds like you had a great one too.

My DS isn't scheduled to start until next year (I don't plan to send him, but this is life, things happen), and I hadn't really considered how I might feel a year from now...thanks for posting

wild_destiny
08-16-2010, 01:56 PM
What a great first day of "school" for your child! Congratulations to both of you! :)

JEJordan9
08-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Thank you guys!

I feel like I am de-schooling myself as I learn more about homeschooling. I also feel like I am learning along with my kids in a lot of ways. :)

My 5 year old came up to me and said, "Thank you for doing this mommy" (She did NOT want to go to the local elementary school.)

AshleysMum
08-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Woooohoooo! Homeschooling so totally rocks!

hockeymom
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
What an awesome day! And, in case you still had any lingering doubts, I taught in a K class and you should know that you did more with your daughter in one day than they'll do in most of the entire year. You are one awesome mama!

And oh--what a wonderful comment to hear from your daughter! My goodness, you really should be *so* proud of yourself! :)

InstinctiveMom
08-16-2010, 03:22 PM
What a great way to spend the first day of school :)
~h

StartingOver
08-16-2010, 03:43 PM
What a wonderful first day !!! Welcome to the group.

Sarbare0704
08-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Aww! What a great day! Even though my daughter is not supposed to start untill next year we are starting this year and i think i want to try and plan a first day of no school activity too!

JEJordan9
08-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Thank you guys for your support! :)

Shoe
08-17-2010, 12:54 AM
Sounds wonderful and a great start! Way to go.

Kylie
08-17-2010, 06:17 AM
What a fabulous first day!

Just curious, are you using montessori with your children?

schwartzkari
08-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Your post made me smile :)
Awesome job!

mommykicksbutt
08-22-2010, 02:12 PM
AWESOME first day of school!!!!!!!!! About the only thing their warehoused school peers learned on their first day is that Billy Peters can pee his first name on the play ground sand box.

AshleysMum
08-22-2010, 02:20 PM
awesome first day of school!!!!!!!!! About the only thing their warehoused school peers learned on their first day is that billy peters can pee his first name on the play ground sand box.

laughing my fool head off.

wild_destiny
08-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Now, now, you know that is quite a useful skill. Imagine the perks little Billy will have in his life, if he continues to learn these kinds of helpful life skills. Ah, the future is bright indeed! :) Now I am really beginning to worry about all the "knowledge" that my children may be missing out on. We never covered backyard peeing. I did not know it should be addressed...

Fiddler
08-22-2010, 09:05 PM
What a great first day--makes me nostalgic for "the old days" when Jazz was 6. Wondering how I might turn the first day of 7th grade into as much fun for him? Hmm, for someone who wants to be either an English teacher (makes me giggle somewhat--this from someone who hasn't set foot in a classroom since he was three) or a graphic designer, I'm thinking an art museum or the Alcott house, which is right down the road.

Field trips on what "should" be the first day of school are awesome. Thanks for the reminder!