PDA

View Full Version : Preschool in it's own category in the directory?

Topsy
03-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Right now, we have our preschool curricula listed among all the other curricula in the secular homeschool curriculum directory based on subject-type. We're curious. Would you like to see preschool curricula in it's own separate directory page, or are you fine with it remaining mixed in with other curricula based on subject? Could you weigh in via the poll?

farrarwilliams
03-03-2014, 12:25 PM
I think it would be more useful to preschool parents if there was a separate category. Many curricula overlap though. Calvert has a preschool curriculum. All About Reading could be started in preschool or kindergarten or even later depending on the child. Presumably some things could be listed in multiple places and could link to the same set of reviews?

h5rus
03-03-2014, 09:53 PM
This would definitely be helpful!

jenblackwell2
03-04-2014, 09:31 AM
Both of my girls are preschool age, and I like the idea of having it with the other curricula. Often if I'm looking at something that is specifically considered preschool I'll look at the next level or two to decided witch level is most appropirate for my child. I also like to see what might be avaliable from that publisher, on the subject, for future use. I like to think long term, with the idea that I can switch it up as needed.

jsaffold
03-04-2014, 10:52 AM
I don't have any pre-schoolers.... but if I did I think it would be benificial to have it seperate.
There's A LOT of stuff out there ...and most of it geared to "grade levels" ... having to sift through all the stuff to find a nugget that you could use for the 'littles' I'm sure is hard.

I have a little Grand Niece (just turned 1) who I'm preety sure my Nephew and Niece are going to homeschool. They already have asked [told] me.."your gonna help right??:rolleyes: ...So yes I would love to see it in its own 'Littles' world:o

sells_kate
03-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Mom to 3 and 4 yr olds here...
Separate would be ALOT easier. I like that idea. There aren't many ppl on the boards with just small kids, but if that we're to be separated, it would be a lot easier for the people with little kids who are thinking of homeschooling, that are new or just browsing the forum.

firefly77
03-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Mom to a 2 and 3-year-old here ...

I do think it would be useful to have a separate category, although I understand that there is some overlap. I'm not sure that I consider our "real" homeschooling to begin until kindergarten, but in thinking about what I want my kids to be exposed to prior to that (and also going round and round trying to decide whether or not to send them to preschool before beginning homeschooling), it would be nice to have a separate space to get an idea of what's available. This site has been a real asset, but it can be overwhelming for a newbie to sift through everything available.

This is totally unrelated, but it would be lovely to have some sort of an abbreviation key or something (unless I'm missing one that already exists). I spend a lot of time reading old threads and have to sometimes dig pretty deep to figure out what the abbreviations mean.

Topsy
03-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Just a follow up that I'm behind (as usual) but hope to get this switchover to a new Preschool category accomplished the first week of April!