PDA

View Full Version : My Intro :)

Jodi
08-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Just joined the site. I have been meaning to for awhile (I am a fan/member/liker.. whatever it is called now, lol, on Facebook).

So anyways, I am Jodi. Mom to 2 teens (daughter turns 17 in 10 days, son will be 15 in 3 months). We live in MD and have always homeschooled.

We've always taken a VERY relaxed, eclectic approach which has lead us into unschoolish-ness (not a word I know, but it works hehe) at times. But the kids have asked me to crack down on them a bit and give them more work to do. Still not doing a boxed curriculum or a textbook route though. They do not read as often as they should, so a lot of their learning will be coming from some very fun and cool books. :)

So, looking forward to being part of the site. :)

Jodi

StartingOver
08-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome Jodi !! We have gone in cycles in our homeschooling journey. This second time around literature will take more of a front seat. I hope you love it here as much as I do !

Sarbare0704
08-15-2010, 09:22 AM
welcome to the group! great to have you here!

hockeymom
08-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome! As a newish homeschooler, I look forward to hearing from another pro! :) I hope you feel very welcome here!

Shoe
08-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the site, Jodi. I look forward to learning from your experiences.

Cheers.

pandahoneybee
08-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Welcome to the group! I think that you will find that this is a FUN group to be a part of! And not only that but these people know their stuff!

InstinctiveMom
08-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi Jodi! Welcome to the site :) Like HockeyMom, I'm totally interested in picking your brain. I look forward to getting to know you.
Warmly
~h