PDA

View Full Version : Another Aussie

Kathy
08-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Hi all :),

I'm Kathy, homeschooling dd 11 and ds 8 in the Illawarra area of NSW Australia (about an hour South of Sydney)

My partner and I work 3 days pw each and share the parenting/housekeeping and homeschooling fairly evenly although I'm the one who goes to all the gatherings and online support groups :) . I returned to PT work (programming finance software) about 18 months ago after 11 lovely years of being a full-time-at-home mum. I commute to Sydney which gives me a lot of enjoyable reading/thinking/studying time on the train.

I was reminded about this forum by Kylie and my Aussie-friend-now-living-in-Thailand who is also HOPEFULLY registered now or will be very soon, so thank you! :) Good to "see" you here too Dannye.

Looking forward to having a good look around the site.

Kathy

pandahoneybee
08-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Welcome to the Group! We are very happy to have more Aussies on the site! My boys love Australia's animals and culture, and with you all here then I can tell them some insider info;) See that you found the group already and looking forward to learning more about your homeschooling adventure!

Shoe
08-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the site, Kathy! There has been strong Australian representation here, recently-nice to see. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Cheers.

StartingOver
08-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Welcome Kathy !!

InstinctiveMom
08-18-2010, 12:50 AM
Hi Kathy!! Welcome to the site :) How wonderful that you both take such an active part in your kids education. I look forward to reading more :)
Warmly,
~h

Kathy
08-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Pandahoneybee, Have your boys seen our Thorny Devils (http://tinyurl.com/2bqthop) ? They're one of my favourites - adorable in real life.

pandahoneybee
08-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the welcomes :)

Pandahoneybee, Have your boys seen our Thorny Devils (http://tinyurl.com/2bqthop) ? They're one of my favourites - adorable in real life.
We actually saw one at one of the museums we have here in NC,(they were traveling thru) cant say I think that they look adorable;)
but the BOYS LOVED THEM! Ok so tell me are they all over down there like our lizards are here or only in the unpopulated areas? Not trying to get in your business but the boys will ask!

Sarbare0704
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the group!

Kathy
08-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Ok so tell me are they all over down there like our lizards are here or only in the unpopulated areas? Not trying to get in your business but the boys will ask!
Sounds like my boy... They're only in desert areas in central Australia but today we had a lovely big blue-tongue (http://www.outback-australia-travel-secrets.com/blue-tongue-lizard.html)basking in our garden - it's the first time I've seen one in ages - it was unseasonably warm today. They're great to have around as they eat snails.

pandahoneybee
08-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Sounds like my boy... They're only in desert areas in central Australia but today we had a lovely big blue-tongue (http://www.outback-australia-travel-secrets.com/blue-tongue-lizard.html)basking in our garden - it's the first time I've seen one in ages - it was unseasonably warm today. They're great to have around as they eat snails.
OK Kathy you are now considered cool from an 8 almost 9 year old here in NC! Ok before I go any further with this story you have to know where I am coming from here. we love the crocodile hunter shows and have them on any time we can find them. So Anthony asked when he saw this lizard pic, if you all yell CRICKEY when you catch them;) LOL sorry its a boy thing I know because he is always trying to catch something so he can yell that! so far it was only a garden snake but scared the hell out of me!

Kathy
08-25-2010, 09:26 AM
So Anthony asked when he saw this lizard pic, if you all yell CRICKEY when you catch them;) LOL sorry its a boy thing I know because he is always trying to catch something so he can yell that! so far it was only a garden snake but scared the hell out of me!

We don't but friends of ours from Townsville do! :D I think that's a Queensland thing, although a snake might just get a CRIKEY out of me -- among other things... LOL

pandahoneybee
08-26-2010, 05:19 AM
BAHAW! that is soooo funny! and i will tell him about the Crikey saying he will get a kick out of that! ;)