PDA

View Full Version : Member Can't Access Site

ikslo
02-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Ejsmom hasn't been able to log on to SHS:

"I cannot access the site. At all. Not through my computer or my iPad. Completely blocked. I cannot even get the main site up to try to sign in. The site doesn't respond back to my system, at all. ?? I don't know enough about computer stuff to understand, but that's what [DH] said. It comes back and says "site is not responding either it is down or too busy."

Anyone have any ideas for her about how to fix it/what might be going on?

Norm Deplume
02-25-2014, 10:38 AM
I had a similar problem once (not with this site, but another one I regularly went to). Mine was a DNS problem. Have her check out this link and see if it helps her: https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

ejsmom
02-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Hey Robin (and Ikslo), I have a temporary workaround for now. It started after the email about passwords, oddly enough. I tried your suggestion Robin, but unfortunately, it did not work. Thanks anyway.

ikslo
02-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Well, we're glad you found a way to get back on, at any rate. Hopefully you can figure out what the problem is.

ejsmom
02-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks! No, we can't figure it out. I'm not sure what to do, really. I will have some access, so it's not the end of the world. But I told DH, this is THE place I NEED to get onto to survive homeschooling and to find out about curriculum and ideas and stay sane!!

Fairielover
02-26-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm glad you have been able to get back on the site. We would miss all your great responses if you weren't here. Hopefully the situation will work out for a permanent solution.

Fairielover
02-26-2014, 01:49 PM
I just thought of this. Have you tried deleting cookies? Sometimes that fixes it. Also could you have accidently blocked the site?

ejsmom
02-26-2014, 04:20 PM
I just thought of this. Have you tried deleting cookies? Sometimes that fixes it. Also could you have accidently blocked the site?

We did try deleting cookies. I don't know if I accidentally blocked site. DH has tried everything he knows how to do, and I'm useless with computers. I'll just get on when I can. If anyone has any ideas - please let me know!

murphs_mom
02-26-2014, 04:29 PM
Did you delete the history and temp files in addition to the cookies, ejsmom? If so, did you run any antivirus or antispam programs (malwarebytes is good)? I was having some hiccups a couple of days ago (pages kept stalling after loading fully or partially...all sites). DH ran a registry cleaner (AML free registry cleaner downloaded thru cnet.com) on my laptop and that seems to have purged whatever bug crawled up the laptop's keister.

DH is out of town right now, but I can ask him later this evening when we chat if he has any other ideas on what could be causing the problem. I find it odd that it's hitting both your pc and your Ipad. Is your pc a Mac??

murphs_mom
02-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Just got DH on the phone and he said to call your ISP to see if the site has been blocked for some reason. He said there could also be an issue with the router having the IP address blocked...you can check w/the provider to see if that also might be the issue. If possible, take your Ipad to a location that has Wi-Fi to see if you can login from there. IF so, you know that it's something in your ISP/router at home.

HTH

ejsmom
03-09-2014, 11:58 PM
So, still can't access the site unless I go through a whole mess of stuff to get on. Carolyn, dh called the ISP and they said SHS site is blocking my computer. But I CAN get on, and sign in - if I use an anonymous browser. Router was reset and everything. We're stumped.

pandahoneybee
03-10-2014, 08:52 AM
I will forward this to the tech people..I had a similar issue the other day:)

Michael
03-10-2014, 10:46 AM
So, still can't access the site unless I go through a whole mess of stuff to get on. Carolyn, dh called the ISP and they said SHS site is blocking my computer. But I CAN get on, and sign in - if I use an anonymous browser. Router was reset and everything. We're stumped.

Hi,

I sent you a PM to get further information.

Thanks

ikslo
03-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Michael,

Have you had any luck with ejsmom's situation? She can't get on SHS through her work-around now either. She's totally blocked out now and SHS is the ONLY site she is having this problem with. Her internet provider says that SHS is specifically blocking her.

Aandwsmom
03-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Hmmmm, if you haven't hear via Michael yet, let me know and I will shoot him a reminder email to see what he can come up with.

ikslo
03-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Hmmmm, if you haven't hear via Michael yet, let me know and I will shoot him a reminder email to see what he can come up with.

I'm going to PM you.

Aandwsmom
03-21-2014, 03:10 PM
Got it! PM'd you back! Sent Michael an email and included her email so maybe he can get to the bottom of this. He is our tech for several of our sites, so it may take a day or 2. Hang in there!