PDA

View Full Version : New here...

Berta
08-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi
We are starting our second year homeschooling our 14 and 5 yr old daughters. I am SO glad to have found this forum.

We are more on the eclectic side of homeschooling and do use a Christian curriculum. I am Chrisitan, although apparently not a very good one. I have been reading/posting on another HS forum but its just not for me. When someones response to another looking for guidance was along the lines of "as a Christian wife you need to be obedient to your husband" I realized my days on that board were done. I have not attended Church in quite a while, although I do teach my children about God and loving one another regardless of their religious affiliation/non-affiliation.

Anyway, I hope you accept heathen Christians on this forum, I promise you wont see any bible quotes in my signature :)

Shoe
08-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Hi
We are starting our second year homeschooling our 14 and 5 yr old daughters. I am SO glad to have found this forum.

We are more on the eclectic side of homeschooling and do use a Christian curriculum. I am Chrisitan, although apparently not a very good one. I have been reading/posting on another HS forum but its just not for me. When someones response to another looking for guidance was along the lines of "as a Christian wife you need to be obedient to your husband" I realized my days on that board were done. I have not attended Church in quite a while, although I do teach my children about God and loving one another regardless of their religious affiliation/non-affiliation.

Anyway, I hope you accept heathen Christians on this forum, I promise you wont see any bible quotes in my signature :)Welcome to the site, Berta. I think you'll find that there are a few other Christians on this forum and that there is a great deal of respect for (and very little discussion of) individuals' beliefs here. I haven't seen a lot of heated discussions here, and even when there are, they are usually respectful. It makes it a nice place to hang out. It seems that we're homeschoolers first, no matter what political or religious beliefs we might have, and that is what makes this community a good one.

Cheers.

StartingOver
08-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Hmm Berta, that wouldn't be Sonlight would it? LOL I saw that thread I believe !

Welcome to the group !! There are some Christians here. I think we are a very tolerant group, I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I have !!

Sarbare0704
08-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the group! I am glad you stumbled upon us! We seem to be quite respectful and understanding around here as Shoe said! Great to have you here!

wild_destiny
08-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Berta, "heathen Christians" ?! Too funny! I like your sense of humor. :) Welcome to the group! Don't worry, even though we are a secular group, we have not fed anyone to the lions so far. And, as far as I know, there are no plans to do so anytime soon, so relax and welcome! :)