PDA

View Full Version : Disney Science / Bill Nye videos on sale

Mariam
02-12-2014, 07:24 PM
We have a serious collection of Bill Nye videos and Disney has produced a collection of science videos based on the physics of rides a the Disney parks.

The Science of Disney Imagineering are the videos that talk about science using the parks as an example.(If you are a Disney fan, these are a must. We have the whole collection and watch them over and over.) Also they have all 100 Bill Nye episodes about science. Also there are videos Bill Nye talking about safety with science and math videos, too.

They also have videos about history, social studies and the like.

You can find their videos here.
Educational Videos: Math Videos, Science Videos | Disney Educational Productions (http://dep.disney.go.com/mathscience.html)

cnavarrete
04-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Thanks - I had never heard of these! My kid will love them, and most are available through the public library.

murphs_mom
04-17-2014, 11:59 PM
It's a shame folks can't use their Disney Rewards points to buy the stuff. :p

Mariam
04-18-2014, 11:43 AM
It's a shame folks can't use their Disney Rewards points to buy the stuff. :p

No kidding, we save our points for the DVDs. At least now Bill Nye is putting all of his videos on YouTube.

rebjc
04-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Is the quality of the DVD's better than what's on his YouTube channel?

Mariam
04-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Is the quality of the DVD's better than what's on his YouTube channel?

They are probably about the same, now that I think about it. At least they are not different enough to purchase (IMO), unless I had a need to have copies off-line. We own ones that we downloaded from iTunes and we have some DVDs, and the quality is ok.

sbweldon
04-23-2014, 11:07 AM
We watch the Bill Nye episodes on YouTube and they're not bad quality. I love how Bill even comments on some of them. It seems like he's really into getting kids interested in science.

The Imagineering ones look like they need to find their way into my shopping cart though!