PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Minneapolis :-)

2honeysmama
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Chandra, mom to my dd (9) and ds (6). We live in Minneapolis, but began homeschooling a few years ago when we were living overseas (Bangalore, India) for my dh's job (we've been married 14 years and lived in India for 2 years). This is our 3rd year of homeschooling and we are enjoying feeling like we are "in the zone" as far as homeschooling goes :rolleyes: I am open to my kids going to a brick & mortar school at some point but open to hs'ing forever, too...

We are secular and agnostic and our homeschooling style is eclectic, unschoolish, kind of classical, if you want to put a label on it...which I guess means we just do what works for us, it tends to be relaxed and unscheduled, we change what doesn't work and we use curriculum when it suits us and make it up as we go along when it doesn't. We are pretty literature-based, whether it's through a curriculum or not and my kids adore history.

Anyway... so glad to have found this forum!

Chandra

Shoe
08-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Welcome to the site, Chandra. I look forward to hearing your perspective on things and getting to know you.

Cheers.

Topsy
08-13-2010, 07:51 AM
Chandra,

I love that you are "in the zone." That made me smile! :) What a great place to be. Flexibility, eh? Sounds like you've already won half the battle!! Please do come and hang out with us often...I know you would have a lot of great support and encouragement for our newer homeschoolers...

Thanks for introducing yourself and your family!

StartingOver
08-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Welcome Chandra, we are glad you are here.

Sarbare0704
08-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the group! Great to have you here! we are new to homeschooling this year but I am pretty sure our style is going to be a lot like yours!

InstinctiveMom
08-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum! How neat that your family is is well-traveled. I'm so glad to hear that there does come a point at which you feel like things are going ever so well, too, lol.
~h

kimck
08-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi Chandra - greetings from over the river in St. Paul. :) I have a DS9 and a DD6, and we are also going into our 3rd year. LOL - I would also categorize us as unschoolish/eclectic/classical/whatever-works-at-the-moment. We like our Minneapolis MacPhail music lessons!

Welcome back to the twin cities. It's a great place to be a secular homeschooler.

pandahoneybee
08-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Greetings! Just wanted to say glad that you are here!