PDA

View Full Version : Favorite YouTube Channels

Mariam
02-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Do you have any YouTube channels that you watch with your kids or make a part of your curriculum for elementary aged kids? I have starting compiling a list, but I am interested in what others are using.

farrarwilliams
02-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Doodling in Math Class is really fun.

And all the various Green brothers concoctions... though not so much for elementary, though my boys have seen some of the World History Crash Course episodes.

Do you know The Kid Should See This? It's completely awesome.

alien_sunset
02-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Head Squeeze - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/HeadsqueezeTV)

especially the live experiments

Mariam
02-05-2014, 05:47 PM
These are great. I will have to check the out more. Thanks!

MrsLOLcat
02-07-2014, 10:11 AM
My kids' favorites are Smarter Every Day and King of Random. (Warning: Some are not particularly kid-appropriate. I'm not worried about it for mine, but YMMV.)

ScienceGeek
02-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Second the green brothers, we watch all their different channels,
crash course, scishow, mental floss,
zfrank1 is pretty funny videos on animals - some people may object to them but we think they're funny,
Smart Songs - rap/hip hop songs about gov't, constitution, etc.,
vi hart - awesome math video
minute physics - might be over elementary kids but nice short physics videos

russ.man
02-11-2014, 06:26 PM
I third the Green Brothers. We LOVE zfrank1 and vi hart. We also like asap science, veritiesium, Good Mythical Morning, numberphile, Brightstorm minute physics and minute earth. Not on youtube, but we also watch CNN student news.

SagittariusMich
02-17-2014, 02:37 PM
A few that I think we'll like but haven't used much are Amy Poehler's Smart Girls, SciFri, Jamie Oliver (for cooking), 2CELLOSlive. Now that I've organized the subscription list and YouTube is now accessible from the living room tv through the roku, DD will be checking it out more on her own.

halfpint
02-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Vsauce, the original not 2 or 3