PDA

View Full Version : Hello - from Australia

Stella M
08-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Just discovered this site, during one of my periodical "there must be a group of secular homeschoolers out there somewhere" moments!!

I live in Australia with dd's 12 and 11 and ds 6. We're eclectic homeschoolers surrounded by (mostly lovely) religious homeschoolers. The h/s community in Australia is much smaller than in the US, so if you h/s here and you don't go to church you are definitely on the outer.

I'm OK with it now - we've been h/s'ing for 6yrs now - but it was hard at first.

I love hanging out with my kids, blogging, baking, reading, knitting, just the home life really :) Anyhow, nice to be here!

Melissa.

Sarbare0704
08-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Welcome to the group! Great to have you here!

Shoe
08-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Welcome Melissa. I've found this to be a great site with a lot of great people. There are a few others from Australia around here, too.

Cheers.

Topsy
08-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Great to meet you, Melissa...I'm glad you found our site!! I've been looking for someone to create a group for our Australian homeschoolers; they are definitely increasing in number. If you would be interested, head over to our International Homeschoolers Group section (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?do=grouplist&cat=4) and click on "Create Group" at the bottom. I hope to see you around the forum a lot!

pandahoneybee
08-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Welcome to the group Melissa! I added a new group to the International Homeschoolers Group Section since we have had some newbies from Australia, so be the first to join the group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=86);) (Sorry Topsy, I was so excited to have all these international homeschoolers dropping by, so I added the group myself)

Cant wait to know ya better!

Stella M
08-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome...and the group! Looking forward to 'meeting' you all and also to finding out who my fellow secular Australians are!!

Melissa.

Kylie
08-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi Melissa,

welcome to the site. I am still fairly new here myself but am enjoying it immensely.

I am from Oz, up in Qld....where a bouts are you? And please share your blog so I can stop by and say hi :)

Stella M
08-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Kylie,
We're in Sydney. Will check out your link :)
I blog at http://throughthewardrobe-musings-melissa.blogspot.com, feel free to drop by - mostly book reviews, h/s thoughts etc. Thanks for the welcome!

Melissa.

prolelicious
08-12-2010, 12:39 AM
I'm here, too. I'm in Perth, Kylie said she had started a group for Australians here so here we are. I've passed along the url to other home educators in our community, too. I'm a sole parent to one son (almost 8) who has been home educating for two years. I'm originally from the USA but have been living in Australia for nine years in November.

prolelicious
08-12-2010, 01:55 AM
Hello! I'm here too. I'm in Perth. :)

prolelicious
08-12-2010, 02:16 AM
We're here too. We're in Perth and looking at possibly relocating to Victoria.

saramac
08-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I've just joined too :)

I'm in Western Australia with a DD10, DD7 and DS5. We're mainly eclectic with a strong Classical leaning. I'm looking forward to 'meeting' more Aussie secular homeschoolers.

Kylie
08-13-2010, 04:21 AM
I'm here, too. I'm in Perth, Kylie said she had started a group for Australians here so here we are. I've passed along the url to other home educators in our community, too. I'm a sole parent to one son (almost 8) who has been home educating for two years. I'm originally from the USA but have been living in Australia for nine years in November.

Hi There :)

I actually said that the ladies from here started the Aussie group, it is under groups somewhere I think LOL!!

prolelicious
08-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Either way it's great to be here. I have let a few Perth parents know about it as well. *waves* to Sara!