PDA

View Full Version : Hot Topics

StartingOver
08-09-2010, 09:43 AM
There will always be discussions that get some of us all fired up. Some responses may hurt our feelings, or make us second guess ourselves, etc.

I try to remember that others don't have my experiences, they haven't walked in my shoes.

That words on a computer screen can't show body language or always the writers true intent.

Others opinions don't make my opinions wrong.

I really try to use "I " statements in my posts. What I have done, or what I have tried, what I have learned. What we do, have done, or tried.

If I am in disagreement with a post and need to respond, I always type out my message and walk away for a couple of minutes. Then come back to reread it. Trying to make sure that I respect others feelings. Although I admit sometimes it is very hard.

We have a large wonderful group here, growing daily. I really enjoy my time here, and hope to do so for a very long time.

Tolerance. Respect. Grace. Will take us a long way.

Just my two cents, take it or leave it. :D

hockeymom
08-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Great advice Jana! :) I feel so fortunate for having found this space!

Shoe
08-09-2010, 10:28 AM
There will always be discussions that get some of us all fired up. Some responses may hurt our feelings, or make us second guess ourselves, etc.

I try to remember that others don't have my experiences, they haven't walked in my shoes.

That words on a computer screen can't show body language or always the writers true intent.

Others opinions don't make my opinions wrong.

I really try to use "I " statements in my posts. What I have done, or what I have tried, what I have learned. What we do, have done, or tried.

If I am in disagreement with a post and need to respond, I always type out my message and walk away for a couple of minutes. Then come back to reread it. Trying to make sure that I respect others feelings. Although I admit sometimes it is very hard.

We have a large wonderful group here, growing daily. I really enjoy my time here, and hope to do so for a very long time.

Tolerance. Respect. Grace. Will take us a long way.

Just my two cents, take it or leave it. :D

Good advice and thanks for the reminder, Jana. As this group grows, the number of differing viewpoints and opinions cannot help but grow also...and with it, the possibility of misunderstanding.

In general, I've foun this a very friendly and respectful forum, which is probably why I hang around here so much.

Cheers.

schwartzkari
08-09-2010, 10:34 AM
Jana, you really are an awesome person :)
Good advice, thank you!

Sarbare0704
08-09-2010, 10:43 AM
Agree! To all of it! I love this group and so far have found it to be pretty respectful! In the past though I have seen with a groups size comes drama I hope this one stays great!

dbmamaz
08-09-2010, 12:50 PM
My local/online moms group made a 'hot topics' forum, where people are free to argue, and people who get offended by arguing dont sign up for permissions to it. Of course, it almost never gets used, now that its there lol

wild_destiny
08-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Ah, Jana, you never cease to amaze me with your wisdom and wit! Once again, well said!! I like all the people on this group and feel truly lucky to have stumbled upon it!!

InstinctiveMom
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM

Tolerance. Respect. Grace. Will take us a long way :D

Excellent words to live by, Jana! :)

Kylie
08-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Fantastic! The computer screen is such a hard medium to hold a real conversation with isn't it!

Whilst I am only very new here I am enjoying my time here also. I haven't yet jumped into every single post either, there are only so many hours in a day isn't there. :)

Thanks ladies for growing such a a great place though. :)