PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Luxembourg in Europe

Brigitte-Robert-Lucia
08-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Hello,

We are living in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg in Europe and would like to be in touch with other homeschoolers, this all the more because our daughter (8, would be in Grade 3 as of September 2010) is an only child.

We would like to exchange mails, letters, postcards.

Are there any American homeschooling families living in the Baumholder-Spangdahlem-Ramstein area??

Get in touch soon and have a nice day,

Brigitte-Robert-Lucia

mommykicksbutt
08-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. Are you military or working with the military? (Only assuming so because of "Ramstein") If so there is a military group on here where a number of us are in Europe. I'm in Spain with my teenage son. I do believe we have a couple of members in Germany. You might want to check that group to see if anyone is directly in your area.

Shoe
08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums. This is a great place to be. You might want to check out the Postcard Exchange (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/forums/41-Postcard-Exchange) forum, though you have to e-mail Topsy (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/members/6-Topsy), the administrator here for the password first (and I'm not sure if you have to have been a member for a certain time first).

InstinctiveMom
08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi and welcome! If you're wanting to get started right away, you can try www.postcrossing.com. Once you send out your cards, you'll start getting them back. I have one and my boys and I share and account; my friend has one for herself and each of her girls - it's a lot of fun and many members are willing to be pen-pals.
~h

Kylie
08-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Hi There, welcome :)

Topsy
08-10-2010, 10:38 AM
So glad to have you here! I think you may be our first Luxembourg homeschooler on the forum (or at least the first to introduce yourself!). It is wonderful to meet you. We do have a group for Secular American Homeschoolers Living Abroad (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=81) if that fits you...I thought it may from your description. And yes, like Shoe said, if you are interested in the Postcard Exchange, just use the Contact form at the bottom of the page, or email me directly at [email protected] I hope you will enjoy being part of our community and that it will be a source of support for you!!

NLmom
08-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Hello

We are in the Netherlands, a few hours north of you guys. How is it homeschooling in Luxembourg?

SunshineKris
08-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Hi Brigitte-Robert-Lucia! I am in Ramstein, and I am pretty sure there is another on this forum coming from Korea to the Ramstein area soon. If you'd like to get in touch, please feel free to send a message! Are you military as well, or just lucky enough to live in Luxembourg?

Cherryanne
12-07-2010, 01:41 PM
Hello! I know this thread is old but we are also homeschoolers in the Ramstein area. : )

erin
10-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Are you still there? We are a homeschooling family who live between Luxembourg, Germany and the US. I know of some families in southern Lux. who homeschool, and would love to finally get something started for Lux and the surrounding area. Activities... meetings... (-:

katy
02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi Brigitte Robert and Lucia,
are you still living in Luxembourg? we are homeschooling our single daugther too and know a few other families...
Feel free to contact us.

katy
02-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi we are homeschooling our daughter and know a few other families. We created an association ALLI to defend freedom of instruction; are you still homeschooling in Luxembourg?