PDA

View Full Version : Email for kids

alegre
12-29-2013, 12:07 PM
What type of email do your kids use? I am looking for a secure spam-free account (w/ parental control?) for my 7yo. Oh, and please mention if the one your children uses includes spellcheck.

dbmamaz
12-29-2013, 12:25 PM
I made a joint google account with my youngest. Spellcheck is built in to the browser, I think?

bcnlvr
12-30-2013, 09:01 AM
+1 for Gmail.

farrarwilliams
12-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Another gmail vote.

Haven
12-30-2013, 01:13 PM
My son just turned 8, when he was 7 I signed him up for ZooBuh! - Safe Email for Kids and Families - Internet Safety (http://www.zoobuh.com/) email... LOVE IT! You are in complete control, you can change the settings any time, you can set time limits, ground them from it, they can only email who you list or not... it's all up to you. SUPER SAFE, and I LOVE it as a parent! I believe it's 12.95 a year... well worth the piece of mind ;-)

K

BakedAk
12-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Kidsemail.com. Not free, but very cheap. No spam. Parent page has all kids (well, up to 4) in one spot, you set up who is allowed to email your kid, and to whom they can send mail. Anything else comes to you for approval. You can set it so it all (even preapproved senders) comes through your inbox. I set mine so I can see what the Boy is writing, too, after he sent a note to his uncle asking for specific things for Christmas, with the subject line "Hey, Ugly!" !! (He wanted an Ugly Doll.)