PDA

View Full Version : Trail Guide to World Geography

lyonsden5
08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi, I am thinking of using this with my 4th and 7th grade boys. Any opinions? What did you actually buy to go with it? How long do you spend on it each week?

Thanks,
Jen

kcanders
08-09-2010, 06:45 PM
We are doing Trail guide to US geography. I have a 2nd and 6th grader and so far they like it. We have only done a couple weeks so far. I would say they spend around 3-5 hours a week on it, depending on how interested they are. I bought the book and the CD with the printable pages. We also got geography through art and the US states cookbook. Once we finish the states for the week, we make a meal from each state. The kids like how they can pick what activities to do each week. It is also nice how there are different levels in the same book, so both my kids can do the same book.

lyonsden5
08-10-2010, 02:47 PM
The CD you refer to - is that the one for $35 from Geo Matters? So, does that include notebooking pages plus the maps? Thanks!

kcanders
08-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Yes, that is the one. The $35 one has all three levels on it. They also have CDs with only one level for $18, but my kids needed different levels. Yea, it includes the notebooking pages and all the maps. Many of the notebooking pages are in the text, but I'm lazy and it is much easier to print, than to take the book and get copies. :) FYI they have all the books, etc at rainbowresource.com for about 20% less than at Geo Matters.

lyonsden5
08-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks for your advice - I just ordered from Rainbow:)