PDA

View Full Version : I need my head examined!

ercswf
08-06-2010, 11:05 PM
So as if my teaching my two boys and taking care of my 4 month old were not enough. I decided to toss in a 9 month old! I will be watching my sisters boy while she goes to classes this fall. That would normally not cause any anxiety BUT, my husband (and only real back up) is going to college this fall as well. (don't get me started on the how we will eat thing because i'm still working on that one) Good news is that I will only have him for about 3-4 hours a day 3-4 days a week (I think I need to asker what her schedule is because it could be 3 hours a day 5 days a week or any other combination.)

Oh, well, my boys will be around to help me out before I lose my mind. They are great helpers.

StartingOver
08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
So as if my teaching my two boys and taking care of my 4 month old were not enough. I decided to toss in a 9 month old! I will be watching my sisters boy while she goes to classes this fall. That would normally not cause any anxiety BUT, my husband (and only real back up) is going to college this fall as well. (don't get me started on the how we will eat thing because i'm still working on that one) Good news is that I will only have him for about 3-4 hours a day 3-4 days a week (I think I need to asker what her schedule is because it could be 3 hours a day 5 days a week or any other combination.)

Oh, well, my boys will be around to help me out before I lose my mind. They are great helpers.

You sure will have your hands full. While homeschooling my older children, we took a whole year off when my mother was so ill, it turned out to be her last year. I was very glad we took the time. We took 4 months off when we were in Montana on Flathead Lake, playing all we could. We took 4 months off with my step dad's eye surgery, and another 2 when he had heart surgery. We have taken weeks or even months off while traveling all over the country and the sights we were enjoying were much more exciting. In the end it all worked out. Do school when you can, take care of the family, but remember to take care of you too.

There is still plenty of time to teach the kids, and live lessons can be much more valuable !

HUGS !

dbmamaz
08-07-2010, 12:59 AM
its true, what they learn about family here is invaluable! Be kind to yourself!

hockeymom
08-07-2010, 07:41 AM
*sending you virtual support, coffee and copious amounts of chocolate!*

InstinctiveMom
08-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Definitely, one of the benefits of homeschooling is that you are at liberty to take time where you need it. We're only anxious about taking 'time off' because we're comparing it to what we're TAUGHT to think is the "right" and "only" way to learn. Truthfully, you can't stop your kids from learning! What they learn from being with their cousin is just as valuable as desk learning. :)
~h