PDA

View Full Version : FREE Funnix Reading & Math Holiday Giveaway!

marnapez
12-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to share...

FUNNIX Beginning Reading & Beginning Math SignUp 2013 (http://funnix.com/)

crunchynerd
12-15-2013, 11:14 PM
I wonder what's in it for them? Datamining, no doubt.

ikslo
12-16-2013, 07:56 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Seems they are always giving it away free.

CatInTheSun
12-16-2013, 09:13 PM
I think they give it away once a year, maybe twice. I assume the purpose is to increase word of mouth. It's by the same guy as 100EL, so been in the reading edu game for decades.

I'm pretty paranoid about giving out info. I got FUNNIX during a promotion almost 2 years ago. I only give my first initial and I never got any increase in spam mailing I could trace to them via that. So, I cannot guarantee you won't get e-mail or an extra edu-catalog, but it IS a REAL product (and a substantial one) and not just some sort of slapped together trick to get your info. :)

iris0110
12-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I think they give it away once a year, maybe twice. I assume the purpose is to increase word of mouth. It's by the same guy as 100EL, so been in the reading edu game for decades.

I'm pretty paranoid about giving out info. I got FUNNIX during a promotion almost 2 years ago. I only give my first initial and I never got any increase in spam mailing I could trace to them via that. So, I cannot guarantee you won't get e-mail or an extra edu-catalog, but it IS a REAL product (and a substantial one) and not just some sort of slapped together trick to get your info. :)

I have had a similar experience. I downloaded the reading and 6 months later the math. It is a full learn to read program and roughly a years worth of math curriculum. I experience no noticeable increase in spam mailings.