PDA

View Full Version : Tax Free Weekend

paganmomblog
08-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Anyone got a tax-free weekend coming up??

Our is this Friday to Sunday. I will wait until Sunday to go, Friday and Saturday means packed stores. I am not getting a whole lot though. We need paper, pencils, and color pencils. Might pick up some report covers that have holes for binders.

Sarbare0704
08-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Where? Im confused. I have never heard of such a thing.

Ed Ditto
08-05-2010, 09:13 AM
We have one coming up. Great time of year for stocking up on office supplies and blue jeans.

Marmalade
08-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Oh! And diapers (For those who need them)...Huggies currently has a 2.50 off coupon-so combined with the tax free it's a great deal.

I was wondering-where all do they have the tax free weekend? I know we have it in Florida.

Shoe
08-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Anyone got a tax-free weekend coming up??

Our is this Friday to Sunday. I will wait until Sunday to go, Friday and Saturday means packed stores. I am not getting a whole lot though. We need paper, pencils, and color pencils. Might pick up some report covers that have holes for binders.

New Hampshire has no state income tax or sales tax, so I guess we always have a tax free weekend...

SherryZoned
08-05-2010, 11:03 AM
We have it here in Texas but it is only for
# Clothing and footwear under $100
# Includes backpacks under $100 for elementary and secondary students

Which honestly I never bothered with. If they did the rest of school supplies it would be worth my effort. Other then that I stay far, far away from any store that has clothes.

Sarbare0704
08-05-2010, 11:16 AM
Im guessing this doesnt exist in Wisconsin. I have never heard of it! Bummer!

dbmamaz
08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
We have it in virginia, but i usually avoid the stores - i mean, not paying tax on paper and pens is not going to make a noticeable change in our bank. and i hate buying clothes so much, you wont get me in a clothing store unless someone is out of clothes in between my weekly laundry.

ESNQueen
08-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Ours is also this weekend (Missouri). We don't need any supplies - maybe crayons and markers because we go through those like crazy. We do need some clothes for DD though, since she grew, so that's what we'll get. Just some pants, I think. Our sales tax is almost 9% so it helps.

hockeymom
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM
I'd never heard of it in the States, but we have it here once a year to coincide with the time of year a lot of people go shopping across the border. Even with the 15% tax saved here, it pales in comparison to what we save by driving down to our adjacent state, so we are guilty of making most of our purchases there. Everything here costs about double what we are accustomed to, so we don't buy much more than the bare necessities.

schwartzkari
08-05-2010, 04:08 PM
We have it here in Texas but it is only for
# Clothing and footwear under $100
# Includes backpacks under $100 for elementary and secondary students

Which honestly I never bothered with. If they did the rest of school supplies it would be worth my effort. Other then that I stay far, far away from any store that has clothes.

I worked in retail for 8 years and can honestly say that Tax Free weekend was almost as bad as the day after Thanksgiving. Customers would come in and get upset because they didn't realize all the exclusions.."sorry sir, that bbq grill DOES have tax on it." LOL.

SherryZoned
08-05-2010, 06:18 PM
LOL Kari

I always thought that if they wanted to really get the economy moving they should have a tax free weekend near christmas. Now that would stimulate the economy.