PDA

View Full Version : The Click Moment

paganmomblog
08-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I have dubbed it the click moment. We are working on our 2nd week of school and Alex has picked up how to read a couple 2-3 letter words. He tries on others but he forgets often the phonic sounds so I have to remind him. Regardless, it's an awesome moment when I can see that he is getting how to put it all together.

And in other news, the older girls are ecstatic over their projects this week. Eldest is working on designing a Pysansky Egg to paint later today. Middle DD has some cooking projects she is trying to decide on for her section on Beavers.

This week the kids are having a blast.

StartingOver
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I love the click moment, when they start to blend and get words on their own. It is so amazing to watch. I get one more click moment with Emma !! I just can't wait.

hockeymom
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
That's awesome!

SherryZoned
08-03-2010, 11:46 AM
We are still not doing any projects yet.. now with my mom moved out we are able to get stuff organized to really start full force soon.
Travis is enjoying phonics and Terry likes math mammoth. That is about it for us lol

rxte1
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Middle DD has some cooking projects she is trying to decide on for her section on Beavers.

This is an intriguing statement; must be a NC thing.

Here in TX we use armadillos.

wild_destiny
08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Hmmm. I think I will look elsewhere for dining opportunities! Not really into eating beavers or armadillos! :)

StartingOver
08-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Hmmm. I think I will look elsewhere for dining opportunities! Not really into eating beavers or armadillos! :)

Toooo funny !

InstinctiveMom
08-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Don't forget squirrels and rabbits - forget Alton Brown, those are Good Eats! LOL

I LOVE that moment!! I'm so glad you guys are having a good week, Angela :)
~h

Melissa541
08-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Here in TX we use armadillos

Ooh! That reminds me; I need to get dinner out of the oven!

paganmomblog
08-03-2010, 08:52 PM
This is an intriguing statement; must be a NC thing.

Here in TX we use armadillos.

LOL! I am using Lesson Pathways free curriculum and the Beavers were in there. I actually didn't consciously pick it cause of NC.

paganmomblog
08-03-2010, 08:54 PM
ANd now that I have read comments I have to say....WE AREN'T EATING BEAVER!! LOL! Omg ew!

Ok so she has to build a beaver dam using peanut butter and pretzel sticks as one option. There is something with hamburger but I forget what that is.

Shoe
08-03-2010, 11:45 PM
It's so satisfying when you see things click! Glad to hear you're having a great week.

Cheers.

Topsy
08-04-2010, 07:53 AM
I've said over and over that looking back after ten years of homeschooling that my absolutely favorite memories are those days of watching my sons turn those mysterious English symbols into real actual reading. SO exciting!!!! :)

Shoe
08-04-2010, 11:11 AM
ANd now that I have read comments I have to say....WE AREN'T EATING BEAVER!! LOL! Omg ew!I have had it, and yeah, "OMG Ew!" fits perfectly-a very fatty, gamy meat. Not good at all.

I like the idea of an edible beaver dam of pretzels and peanut butter though...sounds yummy.