PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Oregon!

ShawnaMama
07-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi there!

So excited that I found this site. We decided to homeschool before we even had children. Just seemed like the best choice for us. And unlike the majority of homeschoolers, our choice was not religion based.

Our son is 5 and this year will be our first "real" year homeschooling. He's very excited and has already started the curriculum (a mix that I put together after weeks of research!). He's very bright and eager to learn.

Our daughter is 3 and will be doing school work daily as well...which is just coloring and letters right now! But she loves being involved in brother's activities.

We live in Oregon (just outside of Eugene) and are lucky to have wonderful support from our community. Although, like I said before, we seem to be the minority in secular homeschooling.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have this community and wealth of knowledge at my fingertips as well. I'm sure I will have many questions along the way!

Shawna

Sarbare0704
07-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the group Shawna! I am also starting our first real year of homeschooling this year with our 4 year old daughter! Great to have you here! I hope you find this group as fun and useful as I have!

StartingOver
07-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the group Shawna. I have a 2 year old that thinks she has to keep up with her 4 year old brother ! I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do !

Shoe
08-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the site Shawna. I'm sure that you'll find that here, at least, you're not in the minority. I doubt anyone here is homeschooling for religious reasons (even though there are people with a variety of religious beliefs on this site). I look forward to getting to know you better.

Cheers.