PDA

View Full Version : I love Goodwiill!

Sarbare0704
07-31-2010, 03:52 PM
I find so much amazing stuff at Goodwill! I almost wish I worked there! LOL! I am pretty sure the one here in town is trying to make German our foreign language of choice! Last time I was there there was a teach yourself German book so i grabbed it I figure less then a dollar how can you go wrong? And then yesterday I found Muzzy (http://www.early-advantage.com/) in German! When I was little I always wished I had Muzzy from the commercials! IT was only 6.99! It is an old set with the cassette tapes but who cares! Lucy already loves it she was having a lot of fun and we both learned things! As soon as she woke up in the morning she asked to watch it again!

InstinctiveMom
07-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Score!!! :)

We've gotten a TON of homeschooling stuff at Goodwill. The search is part of the fun :)

Gwenhwyfar
07-31-2010, 06:53 PM
We don't have a "Goodwill" here, but we do have a fairly large thrift shop owned by the Salvation Army and I'm down there digging around quite often. Haven't really found much in the way of homeschool-specific items, but it's pretty easy to come out with lots of clothes, nicknacks, toys, etc that are in really good shape. :)

ginnyjf
07-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh yes! I love our Goodwill, plus we have about three decent consignment/resale shops in town. Just today I bought a DK Merriam-Webster Children's Dictionary for 99 cents and a refractor telescope for $20. Woot!

schwartzkari
07-31-2010, 10:19 PM
I love GoodWill too!
Unfortunately, I donate alot of stuff to our local GoodWill, so in order to shop in one, I have to drive clear across town to another one. LOL. That way, I don't buy my own stuff back. ;)
Not only are they good for homeschooling supplies, but their clothing is pretty good too. I have found several things for my kids there, brand new with tags still on!