PDA

View Full Version : hot milk

bibiche
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Annoyed at having to clean cooked-on milk out of a saucepan (which happens pretty rarely really as DH usually does the washing up), I asked DH why he doesn't rinse the pan with water before heating milk so it doesn't stick. He said he had never heard of this before. Maybe someone out there hasn't heard of this trick either. So there you have it. Rinse your saucepan first and the milk won't stick. :)

farrarwilliams
09-18-2013, 07:07 PM
I had never heard that either!

Juno
09-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Does it still have the yummy taste? Awesome tip.

eranderson4711
09-23-2013, 06:42 PM
I will have to try that the next time I have to heat milk.

Freedom
02-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Great advice on heating milk. I always coat my casserole dish with sauce before filling the dish with ingredients. example- Italian sauce in lasagna, just coat bottom of dish then lay out your noodles.

Niece showed me a trick to remove burnt on food - soak pan with a dryer sheet in warm water for a few minutes and all burnt on foods should remove easily with the dryer sheet. I used the dye & scent free kind and it worked like a charm.

MrsLOLcat
02-04-2014, 09:51 AM
I'd never heard that, either. So just... run water through the pan and dump it out? Cold water? Hot? Any extra things I need to know? Because somehow it seems too easy... :)

BerthaCardone
08-21-2014, 03:22 AM
Yeah, I also don't know about it, thanks for this tip.