PDA

View Full Version : New from Virginia

Runamuk
07-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Hello! My name is Christine and I am so happy to have found this site! We're eclectic/secular homeschoolers and I've been looking for the past two years for a place to fit in.

We are a military family on our last duty station before retirement. We have 3 children, ages almost-21 (yikes, when did that happen?), 10 and 6. I started down our homeschool path 2 years ago after moving to VA.

We have many interests, although this summer seems to have focused on hiking, swimming and fishing. We stay pretty busy throughout the year, but really enjoy our down-time.

I look forward to looking around the site and getting to everyone.

Christine

StartingOver
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Welcome. I am not in the military, but I do have two sons serving. They will be homeschooling if they stay in. I am glad you found us !

Topsy
07-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Welcome, Christine!!! LOVE your username...too cute!! It's great to have you join us and to learn more about your family. We do have a group for both homoeschoolers in VA (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=31) AND homeschoolers in the military (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=4). You might like to join and subscribe to those to find some great connections.

pandahoneybee
07-28-2010, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the group;) I have a sister and brother in law that are in the serve;) They have played around with the idea of homeschooling but never really took the plunge! And thanks to your family for the sacrifices you all have made for all of us. I know that there were times that my sis and BIL didn't see each other for 6 months, don't think I could do that!

dbmamaz
07-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Wave from Richmond - where in VA?

Shoe
08-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the site, Christine. I'm sure you'll find it a great resource, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Cheers.

Runamuk
08-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

Cara, I'm in Midlothian, probably not too far from you. :)

Topsy, I'll be checking out the groups you linked. Thanks!

Kylie
08-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi Christine,

Welcome to the site :)

Sarbare0704
08-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the group! Great to have you here!