PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Williamsburg?

Kimberlapoderosa
09-06-2013, 11:09 AM
We are spending the weekend in Williamsburg and I have not planned out what to do with kids. (DS 12 and DS 7) Since my oldest son is so ill we were not sure that we were even going to go, but my son seems to be responding well to dialysis and the younger boys have really been looking forward to this.

Can you give me some ideas of the best things to do in such a short time? We are staying at the Great Wolf Lodge.

:)

dbmamaz
09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I've still never been, and its only 90 minutes away!

Twinsmomma27
09-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Williamsburg is so cool!! Of course colonial Williamsburg is neat and there is a ghost walk at night. Williamsburg Ghost Tours Provide Spooky Fun for the Entire Family | Walking Tours Through Colonial Williamsburg With Ghostly Tales From Days of Old | Williamsburg Walking Tours (http://www.williamsburgwalkingtours.com/ghostly-tales/)

We took the kids (age 7) and they loved it not too scary!

cokers4life
09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
so jealous! We always went to Jamestown and never to colonial Williamsburg when I was a kid. We did drive through Williamsburg, and I just love the brick highways. I can imagine the trees are just turning colors?????? Have fun!

dbmamaz
09-07-2013, 12:21 PM
no, not really any colors yet. (at least here, 90 minutes NW of there) Maybe up in the Blue Ridge mountains on the other side of the state? No, looks like even in the mountains, October is peak. I dont think it feels like fall around here until about October. It still feels like summer now - in the 80s every day.

farrarwilliams
09-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Do RevQuest. Be sure you get the homeschool rate since it will still be going on. The art museum is surprisingly interesting and good.

Historic Jamestown, which has recreationists and a ship, is really fun too.

That's it.

Mushroom and I are going tomorrow, also staying at Great Wolf. Dh is taking BalletBoy to NYC. :D