PDA

View Full Version : When an adult took standardized tests forced on kids

summer94
09-03-2013, 11:23 PM
ya think?!?
When an adult took standardized tests forced on kids - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/when-an-adult-took-standardized-tests-forced-on-kids/2011/12/05/gIQApTDuUO_blog.html)

A huge reason I never showed my kids their scores. As far as they know, I don't know either and it's just for the schools.

olivebend
09-04-2013, 01:16 AM
They tell the students the scores here. I have to ask my child to even find out what they are.

Interesting article.

Leanne71
09-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Makes you wonder how many problem teens could have been going in a different direction without testing and still believing they were good enough to follow their dreams.

bcnlvr
09-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I didn't miss any on the links provided (math and reading). The math was below level, IMO (startlingly so for 10th grade). My elementary age kids could do some of them. The reading questions were not over the top and pretty straightforward. I wonder about the person who didn't fare well on it. ??? I think his scores are just that, HIS...

Once again glad that I control what my kids learn.

sdvelochick
09-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Not sure how much the test has changed in the 13 years since I graduated but it was pretty much a joke for any of the kids that were in what were called "on level" classes. I believe a calculator was allowed and it was pretty easy.