PDA

View Full Version : Personal Message from Pandahoneybee

pandahoneybee
09-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Hi Everyone...

I just wanted to chime in on some recent "bumps" we have had on SHS. Ever since I joined the site and then the admin team on here, I have always felt like this is a special place for those of us that chosen to homeschool our kiddos without religious ties. (aka secular homeschooling) I personally have taken many great resources and words of encouragement from this wonderful group of people. And that is the key word...there are people on the other end of the comments being made.

And I have to admit...I love reading others debate things..I love seeing what people are passionate about and sometimes it gives me a new way of thinking about something that I might have not thought of before. It gives me a sense of community that I don't always get otherwise. I usually don't get into the discussion because of my role here on the site...I wouldn't want someone taking my personal views on "hot" topics as a voice from SHS and the other admins. And I have to say it makes me sad to see when it is taken too far and that's usually when myself and the other admins have to step in. We are all unique individual adults and have our own opinion please make sure that you are sharing your opinion in a respectful way. Because after all we all could go to another site, this site feels like home to me and I want it to be like my home where everyone is welcomed and accepted for the wonderful human beings that they are....

This has been a personal message from me aka pandahoneybee aka Michelle...please take it as just my opinion for a site that I have grown to love as much as the people on it:)

((HUGS)) to you all!

pandahoneybee
09-03-2013, 09:44 AM
I just wanted to also say that if you see something use the report button..it sends the admins an email to let us know which threads we need to check immediately. The rules are being enforced so that we all can have an enjoyable experience on SHS without all of you we wouldn't have this place to come to and talk about the things most important to us -SECULAR HOMESCHOOLING our kiddos:)

((HUGS)) to you all!