PDA

View Full Version : Hi From NC! (Charlotte Area)

dana7681
07-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Hello!
I am new to homeschooling (our first full year coming up).
I have three daughters all going to be schooling this year. I am nervous and excited. Sometimes I have no idea how this happend or how I am going to pull it off. I stopped reading a lot of homeschool blogs as they make me I am lacking some super mom gene you need to have in order to homeschool.
I was searching for non christian homeschool when I came across this site and was thrilled to find it not 2 min after I told my husband, "I get tired of feeling like Im the only one who homeschool my kids with out daily bible studies!!"
Right now we don't know anyone else who homeschool. A lot of my family thinks I am nuts, and the rest try to be supportive. My kids are dying to meet other kids they can hang out with and do things with, so I hope this year, we can get involved in some groups where they can meet some new friends!
I have pieced together my own curriculum off of ebay, printing out my papers and some books I have bought at the books store. We seem to have a pretty good start to things, but were trying to avoid the whole Christian aspect that most curriculum seems to cover. I know I will get there and in the end my kids will be better off for all of our efforts, but there are still days I wake thinking
"what have I done??" :)

Topsy
07-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Welcome Dana! We are so glad you found the site...I know it will be a source of support, advice, and encouragement as you head into uncharted waters. I would definitely suggest you explore the site a little bit...especially our Resource page (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/192-resources) which will help you locate local inclusive support groups, secular curriculum, etc. You also might want to do some specific searches through our old threads using the search feature, for answers to specific questions you have. And then, of course, if you don't find the answers you are looking for, just ask.....that's what we are here for!! Just know that you are not alone in your homeschooling journey, and that you ALWAYS have the most vested interest in your kiddos' educations...that's the key to homeschooling success right there!! Best of luck with everything...

paganmomblog
07-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Welcome! I am over in Asheville, it's a shame we aren't closer lol. You might want to check out Rainbow Resource. They have some religious stuff but alot of secular too. Good luck!

pandahoneybee
07-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the site! We are in Cary (by Raleigh) Can't wait to get to know ya better!

Sarbare0704
07-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Welcome to the group!

StartingOver
07-27-2010, 05:13 PM
I am so glad you found us. I sure remember when I was new. Everyone I knew thought I had lost my mind. But it worked out, and will for you too. We are here to help you in any way we can.

Welcome to the group.

Shoe
08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
A belated welcome to the group! I hope you'll find it as useful as I do.

Cheers.