PDA

View Full Version : New to the site but not hs'ing! Highschool in AR

GiniAR
07-22-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm glad to have found this site. We're "ecletic" homeschoolers and have been for years. Currently, my daughter, 14, will start public arts magent highschool next month, while my kooky 15 yo son will continue to homeschool. I'm a single mom and still trying to get plans together for the coming year for him. After a stint in public schools for several years, we returned home last fall and unschooled for the most part. We want a bit more structure this year. I'm hoping to meet a few more highschooling moms!

Gini

adlib77
07-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi Gini! What part of Arkansas? I'm Courtney and I live in Fayetteville. I *am* new to homeschooling - starting this year - and I've gotten more and more relaxed about the prospect as time goes by. I think that's partially because of this group, but mostly because of the secular homeschooling group here in Northwest Arkansas. I have an 11 year old, a 9 year old, a 7 year old stepdaughter (who will be public schooling) and a 19 month old - all girls! We're planning on doing an eclectic thing. I had started off wanting to do K-12, then looked into the Global Village curriculum guides, then decided for a lot less money (but more time), I could put together something myself and customize it to my quirky kids. :)

Welcome!

Topsy
07-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the site, Gini! Home-for-high-schoolers here!! Well, sorta anyway. My older son is starting dual enrollment next month, which will be a BIG change for all of us. But my kooky 14 yr old son (yep, got one of those too!) will still be completely homeschooled. I'm glad you discovered the site and made your intro. I hope you will come back and hang out with us often!! :)

Theresa Holland Ryder
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi Gini! My son, who will be 16 in the fall, and my daughter who will be 13 in the fall, have been homeschooled for their entire lives so far. DS is doing Keystone online for high school. It's a little expensive but cheaper than the one (religious!) decent private school in our town, and DS really likes being at home. DD will be starting 7th grade this year and we're still doing our classical/make it up as we go along with her.

It's great to meet some "older" homeschoolers!

Shoe
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the site, Gini. Look forward to your thoughts on things.

Cheers.