PDA

View Full Version : Blogs ?? Who are you ??

StartingOver
07-21-2010, 09:29 PM
I must admit it is driving me nuts. I have blogs that I follow, and they have Secularhomeschool buttons, but I don't know who they are. LOL And it is driving me insane, I keep trying to connect the little clues from there to here. Like, two boys, or 3 and 8 year old ( just as examples ), but I just can't figure out who is who.

Does anyone want to share and solve my confusion !!!!

My blog address is in my signature. I don't want to put the blog addresses here in case someone wants to stay incognito...... but if you care to share, I would love to know WHO IS WHO on my blog reader LOL.

Thanks !

InstinctiveMom
07-31-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't know if I'm one of the one's you follow, but mine is This Adventure Life (http://thisadventurelife.wordpress.com) - my avatar here and my header image are the same, so I think it's easy to connect me with my blog :)

I do check your blog out pretty often though - I'm all about reading Texas homeschooling mom blogs!
~h

paganmomblog
07-31-2010, 10:56 PM
I am The Pagan Mom Blog (in my signature). I don't think you are in my reader. Shamefully I don't pay attention to signatures lol!

InstinctiveMom
08-01-2010, 01:07 AM
I'm too used to "liking' things on Facebook, lol. I totally went to "like" what you wrote. Silly me :)
I check yours, too, Angela!
~h

QueenBee
08-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I don't think I'm one of yours, but just in case I blog somewhat erratically at Lost Persons Homeschool (http://lostpersonshomeschool.blogspot.com/). =)

StartingOver
08-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I don't know if I'm one of the one's you follow, but mine is This Adventure Life (http://thisadventurelife.wordpress.com) - my avatar here and my header image are the same, so I think it's easy to connect me with my blog :)

I do check your blog out pretty often though - I'm all about reading Texas homeschooling mom blogs!
~h

I think I am following most of the blogs here, if not all. But there is one that I can't figure out. hehe

StartingOver
08-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I am The Pagan Mom Blog (in my signature). I don't think you are in my reader. Shamefully I don't pay attention to signatures lol!

I have you in my reader ! Not sure why you don't see it.

StartingOver
08-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't think I'm one of yours, but just in case I blog somewhat erratically at Lost Persons Homeschool (http://lostpersonshomeschool.blogspot.com/). =)

I just added you ! Thanks

ESNQueen
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
You probably don't have mine since I'm new and mine's not interesting anyway. :) But the link is in my signature in case anyone wants to look.

StartingOver
08-01-2010, 01:32 PM
LOL I want everyone's. Thanks!

The one I was thinking about, I can't find now. LOL The poster doesn't have her first name, and just the kids initials. I just can't get a clue as to who it is. I think the kids are 4 and 7, and I have posted on it. Darn it I can't find it again LOL. I will though........ someday.

PS. I post as Jana C.

paganmomblog
08-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I have you in my reader ! Not sure why you don't see it.

Because I have to add you to my reader lol!

I have added everyone to my reader that has responded thus far. I am bad about commenting but I do read! I need to make time to comment more.

InstinctiveMom
08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
You probably don't have mine since I'm new and mine's not interesting anyway. :) But the link is in my signature in case anyone wants to look.

I don't know, Brandi - I found plenty to say ;)
~h

Riceball_Mommy
08-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I try to keep up with all the blogs in signatures but I think I'm not following a few because I've been slacking.

QueenBee
08-01-2010, 11:02 PM

LOL - That's how I feel about mine!! =)

ChaoticHomeschool
08-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Mine was just added this week, but the blog link is in my signature.

StartingOver
08-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Mine was just added this week, but the blog link is in my signature.

Got you added, thanks !

Topsy
08-11-2010, 11:35 AM
Is everyone here aware of our resource page (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/207-Secular-Homeschool-Blogs) listing our featured secular homeschooling blogs? Also, there is a digest of the scrolling posts of all these blogs on the left hand sidebar of the home page. If you want the feed for that digest to add to your own feed reader, please feel free to message me. Also, if you have a blog that you want to be included on the resource page/digest, let me know that also. Thanks!

Theresa Holland Ryder
08-11-2010, 07:18 PM
I have a livejournal but I don't connect it with my real name, which is all over my id here due to the stupid way "sign up with Facebook" works. *kicks Facebook in the shins*

farrarwilliams
08-11-2010, 09:04 PM
It helps me to keep up with people's blogs when they use a gravatar and the same profile pic on all their various identities and forums... Mine's in my siggie, by the way.

StartingOver
08-11-2010, 10:12 PM
LOL Mine isn't the same, but most people say the recognize the kids.

Kylie
08-11-2010, 11:28 PM
I always use the same profile image everywhere (even though it is terrible I really need to update it). It is so easy to follow people and know who they are if you use the same image everywhere.

In saying that though I haven't had a chance to go visit all of your blogs yet. I have made it too a couple and I will get to all of them, I am in such a desperate need to connect with secular bloggers....cause I love blogging hehehe and have somehow surrounded myself with creationists ;-)

Nothing to do with this but has anyone looked through the HOTM blog hop on home school classrooms? Some of them are fabulous if you like that sort of thing. However the reason I bring it up, there are (from what I have found) a few secular bloggers that have listed their links and I just thought it funny that those particular bloggers either have no comments about their homeschool space or only a few, whereas most everyone else on the list has comments well into the teens (I'm finished going through the list though, there are roughly 200).

It's probably just me, but it stood out like a sore thumb, "You aren't a Christian, I am not commenting!" is how I read into that, but I also could just be paranoid ROFL!!!!!

Busygoddess
08-12-2010, 09:57 AM
The link to mine is in my siggy. It's Adventures of a Homeschooling Mom, not real original, I know. It's not just homeschooling, I ramble about pretty much everything.

I am following several of the blogs on here, but I tend to follow anonymously.

StartingOver
08-12-2010, 10:40 AM
The link to mine is in my siggy. It's Adventures of a Homeschooling Mom, not real original, I know. It's not just homeschooling, I ramble about pretty much everything.

I am following several of the blogs on here, but I tend to follow anonymously.

Mine is also about a ton of things, but mostly homeschooling. I have to throw in hubby sometimes, and my adult children who can be a pain, the grand babies for sure, and other family and friends. My blog is where I rant and rave about anything and everything LOL

Busygoddess
08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Mine is also about a ton of things, but mostly homeschooling. I have to throw in hubby sometimes, and my adult children who can be a pain, the grand babies for sure, and other family and friends. My blog is where I rant and rave about anything and everything LOL

I know some people who have several blogs. They have one for general stuff, one for their rants (so they don't offend their family), one for a subject that they are very passionate about, etc. I just can't do that. Things in my life overlap too much to have separate blogs for everything. Plus, I don't have the time to regularly update several blogs. So, I just do the one & it's about everything. :D

StartingOver
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
I know some people who have several blogs. They have one for general stuff, one for their rants (so they don't offend their family), one for a subject that they are very passionate about, etc. I just can't do that. Things in my life overlap too much to have separate blogs for everything. Plus, I don't have the time to regularly update several blogs. So, I just do the one & it's about everything. :D

Well I have three...... The main one is mostly about homeschooling like a said. But homeschooling to me is a way of life, and family is included in that. I do have one on Genealogy that I haven't done to much with, mainly because it is tons to type in LOL. Maybe someday I will get my 22 generations of family all up there. ( I am dreaming now )

The other is about my mom's poetry. There are tons of mixed feelings about them. I found them at her house after she passed, and I blog them, and rant most of the time. I loved my mother dearly, but she was a case LOL I think if she had ever found her true path she would have been pagan, or maybe she was. Until she was diagnosed with cancer, then she became sort of religious but still leaned pagan in my thinking. I am not even sure she knew what pagan was. But she clearly favored the underdogs in my family. I have never been needy. She literally worshiped my brother who had done many awful things, and my drug addicted sister, also my baby brother who has always ignored her. LOL Of course those of us who took care of her, never measured up. If her children were jobless, addicted, fresh out of prison and needed her.... She loved them the most. I find out with every new page, that I didn't know her half as much as I thought I did. And it really hurts. Mom was all about drama, she would create it between the kids and watch it fly.

JEJordan9
09-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm slowly visiting each of your blogs and loving them!!!
I do have a blog but orignally, when I started it, we weren't planning on homeschooling. I neglected it for so long. Now that we're homeschooling, I'm going to try to keep up with it! ;) It's not really a homeschooling blog, I post about crafts I do with the girls and cooking.

www.pinkpeanutbutter.typepad.com

AshleysMum
09-02-2010, 05:24 PM
My HS blog is in our web page in my siggy. My personal blog is http://thistlerosestudio.blogspot.com/

dbmamaz
09-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I havent made an entry in my blog in at least 3 months, even tho there were several things I wanted to post. Not sure what happenned or if it will eery unhappen.

Teri
09-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Mine is in my signature line also. I slacked over the summer, but I am back now! :D