PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Wordly Wise 3000?

callie
07-21-2010, 04:04 PM
If so, did you like it? Also, should I buy the teacher resource book?

TIA

StartingOver
07-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I have used WW in the past, and did like it. I never bought the resource book. But there wasn't one back then either. I think from what I have seen on a friends blog that the early what K - 1 are very hands on. It might be worth getting the resources.

As for older children I found with mine that they learned vocabulary much better in context. So I would preread their literature and make a list of words they needed to look up before reading each chapter. It worked out much better for my family.

jennywilliams
07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I bought the Book 2 level for my daughter. I thought it was a great program, teaching words that were either unfamiliar, or familiar but with multiple definitions. She really didn't care much for it, so we stopped using it. She's had more retention using Word Roots from the Critical Thinking Company, so I think we'll center our vocabulary study around that kind of stuff from now on.

pandahoneybee
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
We bought it but never used it! ok yes I was meaning too! I have heard alot of great things about it and am hoping to get it into the schedule this year!