PDA

View Full Version : Whole Wheat Cinnamon Rolls

RachelC
07-29-2013, 10:11 AM
From the King Arthur Whole Grain Baking Cookbook, which I highly recommend:

King Arthur Flour's Dark and Dangerous Cinnamon Buns | Serious Eats : Recipes (http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/04/king-arthur-flour-dark-and-dangerous-cinnamon-buns.html)

Crazy good. My first time making cinnamon rolls, and it went perfectly. I did not even have the potato flakes to add, so was worried about they not being moist enough, but they are great, even the second day. I made them the night before, let them rise both times, then put them in the fridge. Took them out in the morning, put them in a slightly warm oven til they reached room temp at least, then baked. I LOVE baked goods in the morning, but never feel up to 2 hours of work and waiting then.

I didn't read this review before I made them. If I had, I would've followed her idea to only drizzle a bit of icing over all the rolls, and then let ppl add more to theirs if they wanted. It was a lot of icing for me as well. I saw another idea I want to try- icing made with coffee. Yummmm.

murphs_mom
07-30-2013, 12:59 AM
King Arthur flour is awesome stuff. I was brought up using Gold Medal, but the local stores didn't carry GM whole wheat when I went looking for it. Tried KA once and never went back. LOVE looking through the recipes at their site. Will have to check out the cinnamon rolls. :)