PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Send or reply to messages

CarolJ154
07-25-2013, 08:18 PM
I cannot send or reply to messages. This is the message I get when I try to send a message:

vBulletin Message
CarolJ154, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

There is no reply in the message I received.

????

murphs_mom
07-25-2013, 09:53 PM
I think I had that problem when I first joined. I logged in, was able to post an intro in the intro thread, and then nada. I couldn't post anything else until the admin (or someone on that level) verified that I'd made the intro post. I'd send an email/message to the admin...the link should be at the bottom of the main page. I think. Sorry, I'm not being too helpful tonight, am I? :_no:

CarolJ154
07-25-2013, 10:35 PM
It's ok. I'm awaiting ad admin to help. Thanks.

Topsy
07-27-2013, 08:36 PM
CarolJ154, to prevent spamming via PM, we have the default settings so that you can't send PM's until you have 5 posts on the SHS forum. The reason for that is so that someone doesn't just register, post once, and then start sending spam to multiple people's on-site inboxes. Once you've reached 5 posts on our forum, you'll notice that your usergroup will change from "newbie" to "registered member." At that point, you'll be able to send PM's to other members.

CarolJ154
07-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Thank you. That answers my question thoroughly!!