PDA

View Full Version : Sea Schooling!

elkhollow
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
I just read an article in Coastal Living (July/August 2010) about a family who sold their house, bought a sailboat, sailed from New England to the Bahamas, and are still sailing. Their two daughters,ages 9 and 6, are sea schooled. They intended to do this for one year but they've extended it. Okay. Now that's just cool.

We talked about doing this in an RV at some point but I wonder if we would kill each other before the month was out.:D

pandahoneybee
07-19-2010, 12:01 PM
wow thats our dream as well, only wish that we could do it while the boys are still young enough!

Shoe
07-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Sounds like a great experience. I'd love to do something like that...except that I couldn't afford to, don't know how to sail, and my son doesn't like boats...I guess it's not going to happen any time soon :D, but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for them.

pandahoneybee
07-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a great experience. I'd love to do something like that...except that I couldn't afford to, don't know how to sail, and my son doesn't like boats...I guess it's not going to happen any time soon :D, but it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for them.
haha Shoe! well it looks that the odds are against ya on this one;)

schwartzkari
07-19-2010, 08:44 PM
That sounds like fun! I always admired people who do things differently and I bet that once their kids are adults, they will have some really fond memories from their childhood!
The hubby and I always joke about selling our things and buying an RV but I know we would end up miserable in such a small space. I have too many pairs of shoes for an RV anyways...LOL. :)