PDA

View Full Version : French penpal?

HoodOrnament
07-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Hi! I have spent the better part of an evening online trying to find a French penpal. (Let me rephrase that......a penpal who is a native French speaker, not necessary that the person be IN France or even from there!) Most places are either pay sites or full of teenagers. I have nothing against teenagers, but....I'm not one and I don't want to be the Creepy American Cougar. I'd like to talk to another woman (maybe another mom?) who is around my age (late 30's, early 40's) about homeschooling, kids, knitting, kayaking, gardening, whatever.

Any takers? Do you know anyone or a site to try?

InstinctiveMom
07-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Hi :) Have you looked into Postcrossing (http://postcrossing.com)? We've gotten several offers to be pen pals. It may take a while to get to send or recieve a card from France (or to find a native French speaker) but it's a lot of fun in the meantime! PC is free and you can share as much or as little as you like. I added the kids nicknames to my profile and mentioned that we're homeschooling and using PC to help with writing and geography. We've gotten several cards that were just for the boys. It's a really fun thing to do with you kiddos.

Topsy
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Hi! I have spent the better part of an evening online trying to find a French penpal. (Let me rephrase that......a penpal who is a native French speaker, not necessary that the person be IN France or even from there!) Most places are either pay sites or full of teenagers. I have nothing against teenagers, but....I'm not one and I don't want to be the Creepy American Cougar. I'd like to talk to another woman (maybe another mom?) who is around my age (late 30's, early 40's) about homeschooling, kids, knitting, kayaking, gardening, whatever.

Any takers? Do you know anyone or a site to try?

Cyndi,

Snoopy, another member here at SHS is a native French speaker. I don't know if she is willing to be a penpal, but you could definitely PM her and ask. Just do a search for her username (Snoopy), and you should find her easily.