PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Drive-In tonight!

Shoe
07-17-2010, 04:47 PM
I do like movies and I do like the drive-in (http://www.weirsbeach.net/drivein.html), so I'm rather excited to be going tonight. I'm not sure if we'll see Toy Story 3 and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, or Despicable Me and Grown Ups...but either way, it should be fun!

wild_destiny
07-17-2010, 05:33 PM
That sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your movie night out!

StartingOver
07-17-2010, 05:34 PM
I do like movies and I do like the drive-in (http://www.weirsbeach.net/drivein.html), so I'm rather excited to be going tonight. I'm not sure if we'll see Toy Story 3 and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, or Despicable Me and Grown Ups...but either way, it should be fun!

I am jealous !!! I wish we stilll had a drive-in around here. Good memories !!

May have to make a road trip to NH just to go one day.

camaro
07-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I haven't been to a drive-in since an all-nighter in the summer of 1989. I don't think there's too many left around here. None close anyway. I don't remember much of what showed that night, but I think one of the movies was Pet Semetary. I hope you have a good time, Shoe!

inmom
07-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Have fun, Shoe! We love going to our town's drive-in. We usually drive out of there about 1 am, with someone asleep (usually me....). They like to show The Wizard of Oz every September when the small town here has an Oz fest.

Shoe
07-18-2010, 12:20 AM
I am jealous !!! I wish we stilll had a drive-in around here. Good memories !!

May have to make a road trip to NH just to go one day.

Yeah, I'd make a road trip to go to a drive-in....of course, I once did a three hour each way road trip to get a cup of coffee. I just like road trips. I hadn't been to a drive-in since the '80s until I discovered the one around here last summer (well, my wife discovered it, actually).

Shoe
07-18-2010, 12:21 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun! Enjoy your movie night out!

Thanks. I did. We ended up seeing Despicable Me, but not Grown Ups (my daughter wasn't feeling well-too much fried foods, I think, and she needs her sleep), so we skipped the second feature, but still fun.

Shoe
07-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I haven't been to a drive-in since an all-nighter in the summer of 1989. I don't think there's too many left around here. None close anyway. I don't remember much of what showed that night, but I think one of the movies was Pet Semetary. I hope you have a good time, Shoe!

Not too many left anywhere, I don't think, sadly. I'm fortunate to have one close by. Pet Semetery...brings back memories. I remember finding the first half really eerie and frightening, but laughing a lot by the second half. I think my girlfriend at the time thought I was crazy.

Shoe
07-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Have fun, Shoe! We love going to our town's drive-in. We usually drive out of there about 1 am, with someone asleep (usually me....). They like to show The Wizard of Oz every September when the small town here has an Oz fest.

I would absolutely love to see The Wizard of Oz at the drive-in! It's my favorite movie of all time and the drive in experience would be perfect. I'm jealous. Maybe I'll have to take a road trip...

callie
07-18-2010, 01:09 AM
I had to double check where you live, those are the same combos that they are showing at our local drive-in. We can see the "front" screen from our back porch, now if they would just trim their trees...

Sarbare0704
07-18-2010, 10:10 AM
We live about a mile from the drive in here and i love it! Its pretty much the only time we go to the movies because we can bring the kids. Ours only has on screen though so ours is showing the option you didnt take... i was hoping ours was going to have the other combo because we already saw toy story 3 there a couple weeks ago and lucy is dieing to see "the butt movie" lol me and the hubby saw grown ups for our anniversery and it was very funny!

Jadzia66
07-19-2010, 02:08 AM
We have a drive-in here as well! I haven't gone since before the kids were born but am looking forward to bringing them when Katie is old enough to stay up that late and actually sit still while watching a movie.

Shoe
07-19-2010, 12:28 PM
We have a drive-in here as well! I haven't gone since before the kids were born but am looking forward to bringing them when Katie is old enough to stay up that late and actually sit still while watching a movie.

We've been several times, but have never yet succeeded in staying for the second feature, as my daughter always seems to get too sick or tired and crying by the end of the first one :(.

pandahoneybee
07-19-2010, 01:20 PM
no drive ins here that I know of BUT it sounds like fun, Shoe! hope you have lots of fun and my vote for the movie is.... Toy Story 3:)