PDA

View Full Version : Intro from Minneapolis...

2honeysmama
07-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Hi everyone :-) I'm homeschooling mom to my dd (9) and ds (6). We are eclectic, bordering on unschooling (and more unschoolish by the minute). Overall, Minneapolis is a great place to homeschool and we do have a secular community, though we are the minority. We are nonreligious but spiritually oriented toward the idea of god as the creative force of the universe (whatever you may call it), politically liberal, social justice loving... We began hs'ing a couple of years ago when we were living in Bangalore, India (for my dh's job) and found we loved it.

anyway, glad to find you :-)

chandra

pandahoneybee
07-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome to the group! We have been homeschooling for a couple of years as well;) and love almost everyday of it! If you want to join the Minnesota group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=70) (heres the link);) and can't wait to get to hear your stories of HSing in India!

Shoe
07-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the site, chandra. I'm new to homeschooling this past year, but am loving it. I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing your experiences. I think you'll find this a supportive and informative place to wile away some time, with a lot of friendly people.

Stages
07-19-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm glad to hear that Minnesota is a good place to homeschool- my sister recently moved there and has been trying to convince us to move. Maybe one day the husband will give in.

Topsy
07-20-2010, 08:13 AM
Welcome, Chandra! I'm so glad you found your way here to the site, and took the time to introduce yourself. We are a pretty fun crew to hang out with, so I hope you will come back and join us often!!

Sarbare0704
07-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the group! I agree we are quite a fun crew!