PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!

galateadia
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Just putting in my intro here...

I'm a mom of one very precocious two-year-old, whom I will dub T on here.
Been married for eight years to my husband J (together for eleven).
We both work at the same family business, and live in the country.
We are members of a UU congregation in Oklahoma City.

I am looking forward to homeschooling T, and I'm glad I found this site since almost 100% of the homeschooling groups local to me are religious or generally christian. I've got no issues with being around them some times, but just don't think like they do about a lot of things and it makes conversing with them about certain issues/ideas difficult.

Topsy
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Welcome, Jessica!! It is delightful to have you here at SHS...I'm glad you found us. I'm sorry you haven't had much luck in finding a local homeschool group that is secular...sometimes that is the most difficult part of homeschooling!! We would be happy to be a virtual source of support and encouragement in the meantime, though. We have a slowly growing Oklahoma group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=40) you might like to join. Although they are small in number, our OK members are quite active!! We also have a group for homeschooling preschoolers (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=14) as well.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself...I hope we will get to know you even better over the coming days!

StartingOver
07-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Welcome Jessica, there are many of us with little ones yet to start ! At least you have tons of time to research. When I started looking at homeschooling my own, ( I had already homeschooled my step daughters for a couple of years with public school curriculum ) it was 2 weeks before my oldest was to start kindergarten. And back then there wasn't any internet as we know it !

pandahoneybee
07-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Welcome to SH! You will find this group mostly uplifting and very knowledge! I think we have all the different age groups up here! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Shoe
07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the site Jessica. My kids are much older, but there are several with little ones around here. I'm sure you'll find a lot of great information and support here.

galateadia
07-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks all! And Thank you for pointing out the groups Topsy! :)

Stages
07-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi Jessica! I'm Savannah, and I have a 2.5 year old girl that I plan on homeschooling. It makes me feel better to see other people starting as early as I am!

Wilma
07-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi Jessica! I'm glad you joined. I saw you joined our local group and we are looking forward to meeting you. There is a few other members of our local group who are on this board and one who attends the UU church in OKC, and she has 2 pre-schoolers. Most of us are in the Edmond area, but we have some people from south of OKC also. I haven't been posting much because we are hip deep in getting ready for our co-op.