PDA

View Full Version : New here!

Nakia
07-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi! I was invited over here by a friend from The Well-Trained Mind Forums. I homeschool my three girls, ages 9, 7, and 4. I am a nurse and a photographer and love everything I do. I am a Christian, but don't use all Christian materials, and find many of them too overbearing for my tastes. I'm excited about joining this homeschool community.

Topsy
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the group, Nakia!! It's great to have you here...we have a lot of WTM folks who enjoy hanging out here as well!! I see that you are a fellow North Carolinian...woo-hoo!! I'd love to have you join our NC group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=43), if you haven't already. I hope you will find lots of resources, info, and support here at the site, and that you will come back and hang out with us often!!

Nakia
07-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks! Just joined the NC group!

pandahoneybee
07-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the group! Topsy I think that we might over populate the group with Tarheels;) Glad that you found us and can't wait to get to know you better!

Shoe
07-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi! I was invited over here by a friend from The Well-Trained Mind Forums. I homeschool my three girls, ages 9, 7, and 4. I am a nurse and a photographer and love everything I do. I am a Christian, but don't use all Christian materials, and find many of them too overbearing for my tastes. I'm excited about joining this homeschool community.

Welcome to the site Nakia. It's a great place to be.

StartingOver
07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Welcome Nakia, I hope your time spent here will be as fun as mine has been. But be warned it can be addicting, we have tons of great folks here.