PDA

View Full Version : Avatar?

Snoopy
03-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Hey again, Snoopy here with a couple of probably inane technical questions about avatars :)

So.... our profile picture will NOT show on our posts, only our avatar, as I understand it. But the selection of avatars currently available is quite limited. There is an allusion to the fact that if we select "do not use an avatar" then this will delete our homemade avatar (not the wording but right now I can't even access the settings page to look it up) but no mention of how to make our own avatar or how to upload it if we have one.

So my questions are: can you enable more pre-made avatar choices and/or how do we upload our own avatar? (or can we use our profile picture as our avatar?)

Kris
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi Snoopy,

There should be an option available to upload or link to a custom avatar. Do you not see that?

If not, we'll just need to tweak the permissions to make that available for everyone.

Kris

Snoopy
03-11-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Kris, no I don't see such a link or option... I'm attaching a screenshot so you can see what I'm looking at... you never know, it might be staring me in the face

CroppinMom
03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Snoopy,

I noticed the same thing last night when I was trying to get it to work! I figured it was just my lack of caffeine combined with the late night kicking in and gave up. I'm glad to see it wasn't just me. Hope that can be changed - it would be nice to be able to recognize people by their personalized avatars. I know how much work goes into an overhaul like this and can't believe how great the new site is!

~Kim~

Kris
03-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Check it out now. You should have the proper permissions now to customize your avatar image.

Kris

Snoopy
03-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey, this works too! Thanks a bunch!

CroppinMom
03-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Kris,

Thanks so much for changing that! It's nice to put names with faces.